Lease more than one 922 per account

MattG@DISH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that customers are now allowed to lease more than 1 922 per account. Normal upgrade rules still apply, and any cost is account specific. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Jhon69 said:
Unfortunately a second 922 on your bill will raise your bill $17. more a month in mirror fees,which makes the Hopper look better and better because another one of those is only $7.

Is this true Dish????? Want to hear from the horses mouth!

I can see the $10.00 fee becoming the standard DVR fee in the future ,regardless if you have Vip or 922 or Hopper. But on the 922 it is totally useless extra $4.00 for bad sling functionality built in . I never could sling with that damn receiver no matter how many hoops I jumped through. But then again the sling adapter isn't working for me on the hopper either. I never have a free tuner to use at night.

Essentially there is no reason to get a 922. It is buggy and costs more. Go with either the Hopper or 722. Both cost less. If you have to pay $200 for 2 hoppers vs 2 922s free you end up eventually paying for the $200 fee just by $7 additional outlet vs $17 for the 922. With the 2 year commitment you end up ahead by the time it is done.

Essentially there is no reason to get a 922. It is buggy and costs more. Go with either the Hopper or 722. Both cost less. If you have to pay $200 for 2 hoppers vs 2 922s free you end up eventually paying for the $200 fee just by $7 additional outlet vs $17 for the 922. With the 2 year commitment you end up ahead by the time it is done.
The 922 isn't buggy at all. It's better than the 722 in most ways. The Hopper is most likely a better choice for new or renewing users, but it still doesn't have OTA MT2, so it has less tuners than my 922. It has built in Sling, which works great. Two 922's is probably a bad idea, as you pointed out. But for me, an HD main TV, SD TV2, and a slew of PCs, Tablets and Smartphones to watch with, make the 922 awesome.

Thinking of switching to Dish from DTV -- will 922 be best?

I know I can get a free Hopper, but does the 922 have more than one HD output (i.e. 2 HD outputs from 2 HD tuners?)? It is $10, but is the DVR fee also $7?

Does the 922 have an OTA RF antenna input? I have rooftop antenna to get off-air HD stations.

What about 2 722's--one for each HD tv? What is the fee then, for the extra receiver?

I know the Hopper is going to be $17 a month to reach 2 HD tv's--a real ripoff. Right now with Direct TV , I have 2 HR 20's (smaller gb recording capability), each with OTA connector and my fees are $8 Equipment lease and $6 DVR free, so that's $14, not $17.

Does the Hopper give better HD pq than Direct TV--I've heard DTV has much better HD pq.

Does the Hopper have native resolution pass through as the DTV DVR's have? Or is it the same as the other Dish DVR's as far as handling the HD signal--compression, etc?

I know I can get a free Hopper, but does the 922 have more than one HD output (i.e. 2 HD outputs from 2 HD tuners?)? It is $10, but is the DVR fee also $7?

Does the 922 have an OTA RF antenna input? I have rooftop antenna to get off-air HD stations.

What about 2 722's--one for each HD tv? What is the fee then, for the extra receiver?

I know the Hopper is going to be $17 a month to reach 2 HD tv's--a real ripoff. Right now with Direct TV , I have 2 HR 20's (smaller gb recording capability), each with OTA connector and my fees are $8 Equipment lease and $6 DVR free, so that's $14, not $17.

Does the Hopper give better HD pq than Direct TV--I've heard DTV has much better HD pq.

Does the Hopper have native resolution pass through as the DTV DVR's have? Or is it the same as the other Dish DVR's as far as handling the HD signal--compression, etc?

All the HD outputs are active like the 722.

The 922 accepts the MT2 Dual Over The Air Tuners Module(So does the 722k),with that you can record 4 programs at once(2OTA+2SAT) while watching a prerecorded program.

If you get 2 722s,the first one is included in your package,the 2nd one is $17. a month more.

I don't have a Hopper only a 922 so someone else will need to answer the Hopper questions,I do know that DISH has more basic HD channels than DirecTV,but DirecTV has more sports channels in HD and more Premium channels in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)