Leased DVR 625 - mininum programming?

dish_dtv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Hi!

I have a leased DVR-625. I am currently free of any contractual agreements and I have AT200 and international programming.

Now that FIOS TV is offering deals in my area, my question is, can I downgrade to just the International programming on my DVR-625 with no american programming and still keep my Dish account active, while I try out FIOS-TV?

-Kevin

Yah, I don't see any problem with that.
All I have now is locals + international programming .

Hi!

I have a leased DVR-625. I am currently free of any contractual agreements and I have AT200 and international programming.

Now that FIOS TV is offering deals in my area, my question is, can I downgrade to just the International programming on my DVR-625 with no american programming and still keep my Dish account active, while I try out FIOS-TV?

-Kevin

When I first subscribed to Dish all I had was one international channel that cost $25 but Dish added an additional $5 to my bill up until I subscribed to one of their regular packages in addition to the international program. I'm not sure what the exact name of that $5 fee was but I seem to recall it being referred to as an enabling fee.

As long as you are leasing The Family channel or higher is required call 800-333-3474 if you want to verify requirements for leasing.

Boba, you were correct!

As long as you are leasing The Family channel or higher is required call 800-333-3474 if you want to verify requirements for leasing.

Hi all,

Boba was right. Since my DVR-625 was leased (my only receiver on a/c), the CSR stated that minimum programming (in addition to any international programming) was the $19.99 Dish family pack. I guess if I truly wanted to try out FIOS, I might have to return the leased receiver (I am out of commitments, been with E* since 1999) and replace it on the account with my owned 301. Then, I will have a owned unit as the only one on the account and then attempt to downgrade to only keep the internationals.

The only issue is that the DVR-625 has made viewing a lot more enjoyable the past 7-8 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)