Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rebel Racing

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
Detroit
Hi Guys,

Just curious, since all our receivers have been leased units for several yr now, do we ever actually own them or are they forever the property of D* ?? I assume they are.

Thanks,

Yep always property of Directv.

curiosity, where exactly do customer owned receivers come from? I know back in the day if i were to replace a receiver on a service call that was 'owned' the replacement became 'owned' as well, but this is like 5-10yrs ago, were talking when d11 was hot sht and d12s were still brand spanking new.

curiosity, where exactly do customer owned receivers come from? I know back in the day if i were to replace a receiver on a service call that was 'owned' the replacement became 'owned' as well, but this is like 5-10yrs ago, were talking when d11 was hot sht and d12s were still brand spanking new.

Rumors have it that D* Employees are Owned and when they sell them, they are sold as Owned.

Those are the only ones I have heard of.

commercial accounts are owned as well.

Until 2009, receivers on MDU accounts were owned...

what about if a receiver is old? I know I bought a R15 a couple years ago from goodwill and D* activated it just fine

These were just being phased into r16s which were new when I first started working for dtv many moons ago, I know they were leased then, and as stated, ending up with a customer owned box seems more difficult than that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts