leasing a second 622

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I know Dish has stated that only one 622 can be leased at a time. But since the DVR advantage promotion has started, I have seen a couple of threads where people have said they were allowed to lease a second 622. Has Dish changed their policy? How many in these forums have had any luck in leasing a second 622?

I know Dish has stated that only one 622 can be leased at a time. But since the DVR advantage promotion has started, I have seen a couple of threads where people have said they were allowed to lease a second 622. Has Dish changed their policy? How many in these forums have had any luck in leasing a second 622?

I attempted to lease a second 622 last year. After the first CSR told me the limit was one, I called back a few weeks later and ended up speaking to a supervisor who processed my request immediately. Unfortunately, my second 622 had the dreaded HDMI port failure within the first week. After being told by the tech dept. for months that it was a "software" issue, the Dish folks finally came clean in the latest tech chat and admitted it was a faulty port mounting design. I called the following day and they agreed to RA a brand new one to me within 7-10 days. So all is good in the HD world again. I'll soon be dumping the component video connection and going back to HDMI on the second 622, which is why I leased them both in the first place. I thought perhaps the reason I had little problem scoring the second unit was because I've had 6 Club Dish referrals in the past year and a half...maybe they think of me as a really useful customer! In any event, THANK YOU DISH NETWORK!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)