three hook ups

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
I have the new meg 4 dish with the dpp 33 switch, with two 622 receivers any way to hook up a 211 receiver. Or do i need to change out the switch

Switch

Do you have a Dpp 34 or Just a Dp 34???
If you have a DPP34 you will just need another separator for the 622
If you habve a DP 34 you will need another dp 34 attached to the 3 right legs on the side of Dp 34.

Do you have a Dpp 34 or Just a Dp 34???
If you have a DPP34 you will just need another separator for the 622
If you habve a DP 34 you will need another dp 34 attached to the 3 right legs on the side of Dp 34.

no such thing as a DPP34. There is a DP34 and a DPP44

But what the heck is a MPEG4 dish? A Dish 1000?
If the OP has the DP34, there will be 2 lines to each receiver right now. If so, then either get another DP34 and hook up the 211 to that or upgrade the switch to a DPP44. Run one line to each 622 and use the separator that came with it. The 3rd line can be used for the 211

I was talking to the owner and another tech the other day...sounds to me like dpp33 is not too far in the future (thank God!)

Jappleboy, there is one other way that I know to hook up that other receiver without having to run a second line to each receiver (if in fact you are using a dpp) and that is to set up a third dish with another dpp twin and use the second output from the dp dual that you have for high def. I'm not sure exactly what set-up you are using, but hopefully this will help

Been nice if we could have got more info. The OP must have figured it out.

KCRA 3 Is First Area Station To Broadcast Local News In HD

leasing a second 622

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)