Leasing Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sbturner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
Georgia
OK, this is my deal. I have a leased 522 and 622 now with four tvs. I am about to do an addition and would like to lease another 622 or 722. Is there a way this can be done. One CSR told me I would have to buy a receiver. Has anyone else went through this?

The only lease I know of through Dish is the "Dishin it Up" promotion and they are currently saying that you can only do that once a year.

Until a year from your last "Dishin it Up" the only option is purchasing equipment and paying a monthly additional receiver fee. Most all of what folks are reporting is that when you lease you pay a monthly lease fee in lieu of additional receiver fee so it is a great deal but limited to once a year.

he could replace one or both recievers with leased dual tuner hd dvr's. if he wanted to keep both the current dvr's, then he would have to purchase a 622 or 722. he already has one 622, so i am assuming he has a dish 1k2 or 1000+. if he does, then he does not need to purchase an additional switch to accomodate the third dual tuner.

do you have to sign up for a year or more if you do a Dishn it up deal? And is there a fee if I make the leased receiver the main one. Thanks

I think that currently, the commitment is 24 months. There is an upgrade lease fee, but no fee to make the leased receiver the main one (I don't see why one would bother doing this due to the fact the second receiver would either have a lease fee or an additional receiver fee attached to it).

My recent experience was that since I had a 622 and a 322, I had to buy a 222 because of the 4 tuner limit with Dish. Got it on Ebay for a decent price and installed it myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)