Least expensive package....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
I'm sorry to start another thread about this. But, I'm looking to knock down my bill a good amount. I currently have the $68(?) package that includes Encore. Not sure what it's called, as I cannot get on the DirecTV website right now from work...don't ask me how I got on here!

But, I believe there's a $29 or $39 package...is this true? I would downgrade to one of those, IF I was still able to retain the NFL & NHL Network...can anyone help me with this?

Best regards,
Billy

The choice package is $44.99.........there is also an unpublished package that is 29.99, plus there are deals out there, depending on how long you have been a customer.......fleetfarmer is right, call them and see what they can do for you.......

Last edited:
Walk over to your neighbors house & watch thru their window. :)

But really i thinks its the "family package"...its unadvertised but if u call directv they will admit they have it.

Family pack is $29.99, available to anyone, very restrictive of channels in this pack.

Select choice is $39.99 (I Think), contains several channels from choice, but not all, does not include regional sports, and is only available from a CSR, often retention dept or someone like that.

The Select package is still available for 39.99. As a matter of fact I just downgraded to Select from Choice Extra to save some $$. The CSR was very helpfull in making the changes, and she also gave me a $10 monthly credit for the next 6 months. This package covers all of my favorite channels - ESPN, Discovery, Fox News, USA, HDNET, and Disney and Nick for the kids, and HGTV for the wife...
IMHO the Direct TV programming packages are not worth the amount they are charging... I wish Direct TV offered a wider range of packages across the cost spectrum.

I have a few questions about DirecTV:

1.) Is the Select package available to new subscribers? What about Family Package? Can you get locals only?

2.) I'm looking for a cheaper package that will qualify me to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings. I'm currently living in Georgia but would primarily use Extra Innings to watch the Blue Jays, Diamondbacks, White Sox or a few others depending on who has an off night or who may be pitching, etc. Whether or not I get my local RSN isn't anything that concerns me.

3.) I currently have DISH Network and have a Multi-Room DVR. As it is now only me living in the house, I couldn't care less about being able to watch different programs in different rooms but would like to be able to change the channels in a different room. So, for example, if I'm watching something in the living room but then go to bed and wish to change the channel, I'd like to be able to do it from the bedroom. (Hopefully that makes sense). I'd like to PURCHASE a basic receiver that would let me do this. I don't need anything fancy and really don't even care whether the receiver is HD or not.

I'd like to keep my programming cost at $40 or less a month - not including taxes, Extra Innings, DVR fee, etc.

Family pack is $29.99, available to anyone, very restrictive of channels in this pack.

Select choice is $39.99 (I Think), contains several channels from choice, but not all, does not include regional sports, and is only available from a CSR, often retention dept or someone like that.

Jason please do no fuel Hemi any more ... Select ( no longer called Select Choice except for people who still have select choice ) is avaialble to any CSR I repeat any CSR is trained to give Select .

Select package...no...only as retention
family...yes can be for new subs
locals only? no

A sub can change to select right after getting activated and billing csr can even do it no need for retnetions .... But customer would loose rebate downgrading to selct best to have choice for 29.99 and then after the first year get select.

A sub can change to select right after getting activated and billing csr can even do it no need for retnetions .... But customer would loose rebate downgrading to selct best to have choice for 29.99 and then after the first year get select.

Good info, thanks.

Not sure what you meant by the Hemi comment?

good to know.

Is there any way to get a list of what is in Select?

actually using the way back machine I found the "most recent" published list from 2001. Everything else shows Choice (Total Choice) as the basic

SELECT CHOICE® package:
A&E Network
All News Channel (DOESNT EXIST ANYMORE)
Black Entertainment Television (BET)
Bloomberg Television
Cartoon Network
CNBC
CNN
Country Music Television (CMT)
Court TV
C-SPAN
C-SPAN2
Discovery Channel
Disney Channel (East)
Disney Channel (West)
E! Entertainment Television
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNEWS
ESPN Classic (NO LONGER IN BASIC PACKAGES)
FOX Family Channel
FOX News Channel
Headline News
The Health Network
The History Channel
Home & Garden Television (HGTV)
Home Shopping Network
The Learning Channel (TLC)
MSNBC
MTV
MuchMusic
Music Choice (5 channels -- Classic Country, Easy Listening, Hit List, Jazz, Soft Rock)...DOESNT EXIST
The National Network (AKA SPIKE TV)
Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite (East)
Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite (West)
PAX
PBS YOU (DOESNT EXIST)
QVC
SCI FI Channel
TBS Superstation
TNT
Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN)
TRIO (DOESNT EXIST)
USA Network
ValueVision (DOESNT EXIST...ACTUALLY IS SHOPNBC NOW)
VH1
The Weather Channel
Word Network
WorldLink TV

SELECT-PACKAGE(2010)

CNN
HLN
ESPN
ESPN2
HGTV
USA
TNT
TBS
COMEDY
A&E
DISCOVERY
TLC
HDTHEATRE(HD-ONLY)
NASA
DISNEY(EAST&WEST)
CARTOON-NETWORK
NICK(EAST&WEST)
HDNET(HD-ONLY)
CMT
BET
MTV
VH1
CSPN1&2
BLOOMBERG
CNBC
MSNBC
CNBC
FOX-NEWS-CHANNEL
WEATHER-CHANNEL

thanks!

what about all those religious (up in the 360's to 375) and shopping channels? Are those included too?

Good info, thanks.

Not sure what you meant by the Hemi comment?

Hemi feels since we dont list it that you have to scream cancel or fight us to get select.

I dont decide what goes on the site just what we offer and in the last 9 months select been is something we offer for any one who says they cant afford choice or ask for it by name.

Select Choice and Select are two different things as they have different channels slightly Select is the newer verison of select.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts