Least expensive way to get HD on tv2 without starting a new agreement?

With a VIP722K? Are you sure?

With a Sling Adapter, yes.

Yup. I can vouch for the fact that the Sling Adapter (of which I have one I'm no longer using) does indeed work with a 722 and Dish Anywhere with a FireTV Stick. I have purchased 5 sticks and they cost me $25/ea or less. :D

Reactions: dishdude and Tampa8
Yup. I can vouch for the fact that the Sling Adapter (of which I have one I'm no longer using) does indeed work with a 722 and Dish Anywhere with a FireTV Stick. I have purchased 5 sticks and they cost me $25/ea or less. :D
Interesting. Does it work properly or is it prone to errors/freezing/slow load times?

Last time I purchased a used Dish Network receiver and activated it, Dish decided that they owned it and I was leasing it from them. I had to send them my purchase receipt to prove otherwise.

Needless to say, I left Dish Network forever after that,

That is interesting as I have always owned by equipment. Never leased and it is listed that way with Dish. I set up a big satellite in my backyard in 1985, so installing and maintaining the small dishes is a piece a cake. Never had to prove it either. Bought the old MPEG2 2700 back in 1999. Then moved to the 211k in about 2010. No issues. But if the receiver dies, it is on my dime. There is good and bad in it.

It depends on the CSR who activated your equipment.

Since I would say the average customer would never dream of buying their own equipment 99% if not more is typically leased.

So it’s just an honest mistake from the CSR who activated.

The system is really screwed up. When I was a dealer, I figured out a way to change leased receivers to owned receivers.

A matter of fact there was a whole bunch of tricks I used to know. Most of the time I would discover a lot of things by accident.

You have obviously been with Dish for a long time if you have a 722k.
If you talk to retention, you may be able to get a pair of Wally's without a contract extension. I would not mention your plans to leave as the reason for no contract.

Well I upgraded, sort of. Since I was a "preferred customer" the sales(?) dept said I qualified for a free upgrade to a hopper w/sling and a joey. So I went against my better judgement and took the offer. Was promised that they would waive the 2 year commitment(i asked several times) and of course they didn't. I had to speak with several people to get it waived. Not happy about it but at least it was resolved.

Everything has been in place for a couple of weeks so I've had some time to play around with the hopper. Not very impressed. Too slow and cumbersome. Accessing the guide is pretty quick. But trying to navigate in and around things(dvr, menu, pulling up info) is a test of patience. I should have done my homework and avoided this thing.

If I could go back in time I would have kept my 722K and added a 211K. Much simpler and easier to use, especially for my 75 year old mother. It's not easy for her to make things work with this new user interface. Totally my fault for changing things up.

Since Dish won't let me lease/purchase/exchange a 722K from them I guess I'll have deal with it. Perhaps I can find one cheap on ebay or locally and reinstall it myself. I've heard I can purchase my own and add it to the account. Whether or not that is true I don't know?

Well I upgraded, sort of. Since I was a "preferred customer" the sales(?) dept said I qualified for a free upgrade to a hopper w/sling and a joey. So I went against my better judgement and took the offer. Was promised that they would waive the 2 year commitment(i asked several times) and of course they didn't. I had to speak with several people to get it waived. Not happy about it but at least it was resolved.

Everything has been in place for a couple of weeks so I've had some time to play around with the hopper. Not very impressed. Too slow and cumbersome. Accessing the guide is pretty quick. But trying to navigate in and around things(dvr, menu, pulling up info) is a test of patience. I should have done my homework and avoided this thing.

If I could go back in time I would have kept my 722K and added a 211K. Much simpler and easier to use, especially for my 75 year old mother. It's not easy for her to make things work with this new user interface. Totally my fault for changing things up.

Since Dish won't let me lease/purchase/exchange a 722K from them I guess I'll have deal with it. Perhaps I can find one cheap on ebay or locally and reinstall it myself. I've heard I can purchase my own and add it to the account. Whether or not that is true I don't know?
You should have insisted and stood your ground on a Hopper 3 right from the beginning.

722 can NOT be on the same account as a Hopper.
Understood. I was thinking of dumping the hopper 2 and going back to the 722K/211K...but I wasn't sure if I can use them on a hybrid lnb. I found one example here that worked with a 722K.

Would I be able to use two VIP receivers on a hybrid lnb?

Reactions: TheKrell
Understood. I was thinking of dumping the hopper 2 and going back to the 722K/211K...but I wasn't sure if I can use them on a hybrid lnb. I found one example here that worked with a 722K.

Would I be able to use two VIP receivers on a hybrid lnb?
What makes you think you have a hybrid LNB? That is not required for a HWS, just the Hopper 3s.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)