Least expensive way to get HD on tv2 without starting a new agreement?

richeydog

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
CA
Currently have a 722k that feeds two tvs. One broadcasts in HD, the other in SD. Looking for ideas on how I can get HD programming for tv2? Dish says that if I want a new receiver(hopper, wally, etc... it would start a new 2 year commitment. Not sure if I want to do that right now since I'm thinking of cutting the cord in the near future and don't want to be locked in for that amount of time.

Dish said I can add a receiver without a commitment if I bought it. So I've been looking at the used market but not sure if this is a good idea unless ya'll have some recommendations besides ebay? Anyone have any receivers your giving away or selling that would be of use? Not sure what I can even use with my existing 722k.

Thanks!

Dish said I can add a receiver without a commitment if I bought it. So I've been looking at the used market but not sure if this is a good idea unless ya'll have some recommendations besides ebay? Anyone have any receivers your giving away or selling that would be of use? Not sure what I can even use with my existing 722k.
Last time I purchased a used Dish Network receiver and activated it, Dish decided that they owned it and I was leasing it from them. I had to send them my purchase receipt to prove otherwise.

Needless to say, I left Dish Network forever after that,

How far apart are the TV's? You could get a HDMI splitter and run a HDMI cable to the other TV.

There are also wireless HDMI setups that may work. You would have to watch the same shows on both TV's.

Reactions: bwexler
If you are looking to purchase another type of receiver, Dish will not extend your contract, but they might add (I think $7.00) for the use of (your) receiver per month. I might be wrong, but worth checking on this! I personally use my Gen2 Fire Stick and use the Dish Anywhere Application and I also use the hdmi as stated above.

How far apart are the TV's? You could get a HDMI splitter and run a HDMI cable to the other TV.

There are also wireless HDMI setups that may work. You would have to watch the same shows on both TV's.
TV2 is about 50 ft away in a bedroom. Would have to run cable down the hall along floorboards. Going through walls would be a challenge for me. The 2nd tv needs independent viewing so that wouldn't work. Thanks :)

If you are looking to purchase another type of receiver, Dish will not extend your contract, but they might add (I think $7.00) for the use of (your) receiver per month. I might be wrong, but worth checking on this! I personally use my Gen2 Fire Stick and use the Dish Anywhere Application and I also use the hdmi as stated above.
Yes I did check on that. A wally or 211 for a 2nd room is an additional $7/month. Installing a 2nd 722 would be $17/month.

The cheapest way to go is to purchase 2x 211s or 2x Wally , you can purchase them directly from Dish or 3rd party. Than purchase your own hard drive if you want to record.

Your monthly bill will stay the same or even may go down, no contract , HD on the 2 tvs.

The Wallys / 211s goes from $25 to $150 it depends where do you purchase them and your credit score / history with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)