Least favorite teams

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
I'd like to do a counterpoint post to Sandra's "Favorite team post."

What are your LEAST favorite teams?

Here are mine:

1. San Antonio Spurs- So boring, so unpredictable, so uninteresting, and the media slobbers all over them like crazy

2. New Jersey Devils- BORING, BORING, BORING. Killed the NHL for many years thanks to their trap.

3. Detroit Pistons- Just as boring and predictable as the Spurs, only the media doesn't slobber over them.

4. New England Patriots- not too hard to figure this one out...

5. New York Yankees- See 2000 and 2001 ALDS

6. SEC Football- I can't wait to see this almighty conference become mediocre again.

7. New York Islanders- They stole Satan, Zhitnik and Peca from my Sabres.
(However, they were gullible enough to give them Lalalalalalalalalafontaine)

8. Philadelphia Flyers- Stole Biron and Briere.

1. Patriots...we all know why
2. Packers...being from Minnesota this is a given
3. Any NHL team in the South...Hockey should be played where snow at least shows up once a year :)
4. Yankees
5. Minnesota Gopher Hockey team...they're the Yankees of college hockey. Usually get the good prospects. Have the unbelievable TV deal and if they're not in the playoffs they whine constantly

All of Cleveland's usual suspects......

1. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Baltimore Ravens
3. Michigan Wolverines
4. Boston Red Sox
5. NY Yankees
5. Washington Wizards
6. Detroit Pistons
7. Detroit Tigers
8. Chicago White Sox
9. Minnesota Twins
10. Cincinnati Bengals
11. Florida Gators
12. Boston Celtics
13. New England Pats
14. Miami Hurricanes
15. LSU Tigers

1. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Baltimore Ravens
3. Michigan Wolverines
4. Boston Red Sox
5. NY Yankees
5. Washington Wizards
6. Detroit Pistons
7. Detroit Tigers
8. Chicago White Sox
9. Minnesota Twins
10. Cincinnati Bengals
11. Florida Gators
12. Boston Celtics
13. New England Pats
14. Miami Hurricanes
15. LSU Tigers

I'm surprised at the order.

The Pistons are ranked behind a team that has NEVER beaten the Cavs in a playoff series.

BTW, Miami and LSU on that list?

I'm surprised at the order.

The Pistons are ranked behind a team that has NEVER beaten the Cavs in a playoff series.

BTW, Miami and LSU on that list?

Cleveland and Washington has grown into a very heated battle the last few seasons. Hard fouls, physical play, off court smack talk and even rap diss songs were written about these enemies. All players and fans from the opposing teams dislike each other immensely.

And yes, I personally despise Miami U and LSU. I think the majority of the players from those teams are pompous thugs.

NFL - Oakland Raiders
NBA - San Antonio Spurs
MLB - NY Yankees
NASCAR - #88 Dale Earnhardt Jr. / #99 Carl Edwards
College Sports - Duke

1. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Baltimore Ravens
3. Michigan Wolverines
4. Boston Red Sox
5. NY Yankees
5. Washington Wizards
6. Detroit Pistons
7. Detroit Tigers
8. Chicago White Sox
9. Minnesota Twins
10. Cincinnati Bengals
11. Florida Gators
12. Boston Celtics
13. New England Pats
14. Miami Hurricanes
15. LSU Tigers

Rather surprised you didn't mention the Denver Broncos. Drive and Fumble pretty much put a knife in those Kosar led teams

Dallas Cowboys
NY Yankees
Chicago White Sox

Nascar - Kurt Busch
LSU and the SEC,
except Florida, I have always liked Urban Meyer, he use to coach down the road, also have a friend that is a Proffesor there.

Not too many that I truely dislike.

Notice Michigan and the Colorado Avalanche are NOT on this list

Jimbo

Here are teams that I don't hate, but love to see lose.

1. University of Southern California

2. Chicago Cubs

3. University of Alabama

4. Denver Broncos

5. Philadelphia Flyers

6. Notre Dame

7. LA Lakers

8. The Ohio State University

9. Cincinnati Reds

10. Colorado Avalanche

Different reasons why I don't usually root for these teams - my teams' rivals; annoying relatives and friends pull for them; old girlfriend dumped me and dates a player from one; their fans are crybabies or are just plan annoying; etc.

#1. Oakland Raiders (suck!) without a doubt :D
#2. Michigan Wolverines
#3. NY Yankees
#4. Atlanta Braves
#5. Detroit Red Wings
#6. Notre Dame
#7. Florida, Miami, Florida State
#8. New England Patriots
#9. Nebraska Cornhuskers

New York Jets
New York Yankees
New York Knicks
New York Rangers
New York Giants
New York Mets
New York Islanders
New Jersey Devils
Tennessee Volunteers
Florida State
U of Miami
Philadelphia 76ers
Philadelphia Eagles
Philadelphia Phillies
Philadelphia Flyers
Oakland Raiders
Miami Dolphins

Rather surprised you didn't mention the Denver Broncos. Drive and Fumble pretty much put a knife in those Kosar led teams

Yeah, I thought about them, but the misery inflicted was mostly done by John Elway. When he retired, the rivalry died off. I just don't get riled up when playing the current Broncos.

I think there are two ways of looking at this. One is just to list the rivals of the teams you like. The other is to list, as the thread starter and some others have, teams that have characteristics you don't like. That is a better way, IMHO.

NCAA basketball: Duke, Michigan, Virginia, etc. Rich kid schools that would call the cops if any of their players actually applied as a regular student.

NCAA football: West Virginia, South Carolina, Washington, Illinois, etc. As Kucilias put it "schools that are an 8, whose fans think they are a 10".

NBA: Hate the whole smoke and mirrors phony operation.

NFL: Pittsburgh. 1976 was over in 1976. How long do they live on that one era?

MLB: Red Sox, Braves, Dodgers. Any team with know-nothing bandwagon fans. Atlanta is the worst sports city in America.

NHL: Pittsburgh. Its fans do not deserve a team, let alone a good team. Hey, where were you in the bad times a few years ago. This should be Kansas City's team.

NASCAR: Any Chevrolet. Wind up doll Jeffy Gordon will say anything for money, and Hendrick is a convicted criminal and pardon buyer.

Oakland Raiders
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
Detroit Red Wings
Dallas Stars
Vancouver Canucks
Atalanta Braves
New York Yankees
Boston Red Sox
Los Angeles Dodgers
New England Patriots

OK so I'm a big Ohio State football fan, I dislike Michigan, but I have a healthy respect for them.

Big Yankee fan, lots of respect for the Red Sox.

Jet fan and my respect for the Patriots and Bill Belicheck is pretty much gone...but when Brady, Belicheck, and this cast of characters rolls over in five years, I won't care about New England anymore.

St. John's alum and I like John Thompson at Georgetown.

But there is one team so evil, so vile, they make me want to vomit every time I see their uniform...you know who I'm talking about.

When my dad talked about the terrible cheap shot Potvin put on Ulf Nilsson in the late 70s, talked about Nilsson's long recovery road back, reconstructive knee surgery, endless therapy, and then he finally comes back to the ice...and is a shell of his former fluid skating shelf, a tear would come to my dad's eye.

That is why Potvin will always suck in my house, and in the house of every Ranger fan.

Vukota and Baumgartner attacking the Rangers after game 1 in 1990, because the Rangers had the audacity to hit Fat Lafontaine when he skated through the offensive zone with the puck, with his head down.

Randy Wood going after Darren Turcotte's knee 50 feet away from the puck later in that same series.

Billy Smith, the worst repetitive cheap shot artist to ever play the game.

The ****bag organization that still allows their organist to play the 'Chicken Dance', so the fans can finish it off by saying the Rangers suck. The Potvin Sucks chant started a long time ago the same way, with the chant following a tune the organist would play. The Garden stopped playing that chant 20 years ago but the fans have kept it alive with whistles. At the Mausoleum if they stopped playing the chicken dance song their eight fans would forget about it.

The ugliest uniforms on the planet, and I mean their old uniforms. The Fishsticks uniforms were just grotesque.

The worst building by far in all of hockey. They should move to the Chelsea Piers rinks where my brother plays for an upgrade. It holds about 200 people, which is more real fans than they have anyway.

Speaking of which, why does this team even exist? The fans are all a bunch of front-runners who forget there is a team there except for the rare time they're actually doing something positive on the ice. Why don't they move to somewhere like Mexico City or Tahiti where a team may actually find more real hockey fans?

At the Garden we've had more than our share of on-ice misery over the last ten years, and the fans have kept coming and remained loud, vocal, even belligerent at times, but always passionate. As we missed the playoffs every year we continued to come and demand a better product on the ice, and it looks like we're finally headed in the right direction.

On Long Island they come dressed as empty seats until they're ready to contend for the playoffs.

Enough to make you want to vomit.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)