Leaving directv early, any additional fee's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lwh1993

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
I had dish for 5 1/2 years, but went to Directv in December 2011 because dish fees got too high. Dish called with with an offer that seems pretty good. $70.99/ month for top 250' hopper and 3 joeys, along with credit to offset the $120 early termination fee. My bill will go to $105/ month in year two which is what I pay now with directv(I have the top 250 equivalent package, plus an hr24 500 and 3 hr25's).

Beyond the early termination fee are there any additional fee's? Do I just send back the dvr and other boxes?

Thanks,
Todd

I meant to post this in the directv forum. Can this be moved or deleted?

thanks,

todd

No other fees. When you call to cancel hear them out, they often will offer discounts to keep you, and they can quite likely get you in the $70 range.

No other fees. When you call to cancel hear them out, they often will offer discounts to keep you, and they can quite likely get you in the $70 range.

Yep. You will be connected to retention as soon as you say the word cancel. If your account as been in good standing, you'll probably get a pretty good deal to stay.

While I was talking to cutsomer service due to a weather related outage, happens a lot with Direct she had mentioned I might be able to upgrade early to a Genie at no additional charge. I'm not sure if I'd want to do that as that would mean another 2 year contract at the same cost or more.

One question does the genie allow you to pause live tv on every tv? my current setup only allows that on the tv with the dvr.

I just called Direct. I have 14 months left on contract. I simply asked what the cost to cancel. Already had $10 a month credit from last year. They gave me another $10 for a year. $50 credit for next month. Free Showtime for 3 months (was going to get it next month for Dexter).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)