Leaving Directv for Dish

gadams said:
Yes, this is how the system works. What does this have to do with the discussion of one Hopper vs. two?

Hey guys..I've done my research and know exactly how the Hopper and Joey works....thanks for all the advice though

Nice try Darth Vader..... :D

I dont get why you said that. Please read what I wrote

Depending on the equipment you have now and your recording habits the Hopper may not be the best option. But that is up to you

So lets say the OP has 2 DVR's right now...thats 4 tuners. Hopper only has 3
If he doesnt record alot of prime time the Hopper may not be the best option for him.
Also there is the possibility of tuner conflicts due to Jr taking up a tuner

That is why I said it MAY not be the best option.

If he comes to Dish thats fine by me
If he stays with Directv thats fine also. I'm not going to lose any sleep over someone switching....I'm trying to help the OP

What does that mean???
Whenever someone says they are going to leave Dish for whatever, there is always a group of Dish fans who post that dumb old expression, "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."

My post was a fairly obvious play on words, as you announced you are joining Dish, not leaving. I'm surprised you didn't get that, unless you aren't familiar with the original expression, of course.

GaryPen said:
Whenever someone says they are going to leave Dish for whatever, there is always a group of Dish fans who post that dumb old expression, "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."

My post was a fairly obvious play on words, as you announced you are joining Dish, not leaving. I'm surprised you didn't get that, unless you aren't familiar with the original expression, of course.

GaryPen..I am very familiar with the original expression....but have never heard it put the way you wrote it, so no, it wasn't fairly obvious

Offer stands on the install dolfantiger if you're anywhere near where I'll be. I got one lined up in Augusta on the 27th and Hartwell on the 28th. You'll love the Hopper. My wife and I have one Hopper one Joey and its certainly adequate for our needs.

I have done my research and three tuners will be sufficient....thanks

good to know
i think what people wanted to say was that not everyone does the research.
but if you have and it will work, then its all good
dish does have some nice equipment

I got it the second I read it...in fact I laughed out loud. :D

Oh, and welcome to Dish Dolfantiger.

I'm also looking to leave DTV for Dish. What I could use it a list of promotions. Like AAA with DTV what does Dish have? I have been with DTV since the days of the H card and I'm ready for a change. Ever since DTV starting doing their own DVR's it's been terrible. It takes forever to change a channel on my HR22. I'm not a couch potato so 3 tuners works just fine. I actually working u-Verse, comcast, and Dish to get the best price. My bottom line is price not how much I can record and speed. If anyone has a list of Dish promo's let me know. thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)