Leaving Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
And not happy about it. Moving in with my sister (to save money as I am on a fixed income) and she has Comcast. All we wanted was an extra HD DVR and internet. So far, been through 3 HD Dvr's in 10 days that really don't work and 2 gateways. Plus the tech was an hour and a hald late on Saturday. She said if Comcast doesn't get their act together we will switch to Directv. Not soon enough for me. Plus, I have to pay the early termination fee. Sucks. But will stay on the forum.

Why not put your account on hold? It is good for six months. Maybe by then you can switch. It won't change your commitment time though.

OR, if your sister ends up wanting to switch to D*, why don't you just move YOUR D* system to HER place - that way, you will NOT have to pay the ETF & you BOTH can benefit from it.
Just have her chip in for 1/2 (or whatever you would want her to pay) for the service - WIN WIN for the both of you... ;)

OR, if your sister ends up wanting to switch to D*, why don't you just move YOUR D* system to HER place - that way, you will NOT have to pay the ETF & you BOTH can benefit from it.
Just have her chip in for 1/2 (or whatever you would want her to pay) for the service - WIN WIN for the both of you... ;)

I was about to suggest the same thing. Especially if it's cheaper than her Comcast bill it's a Win Win Win for you both. :)

I put my account on hold. I will probably move my system here so no ETF and she said she could pay half. Thanks, you all!

You should ask Directv about their movers program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts