Leaving Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
where is the best place to sign up for DTV?

I would highly recommend Value Electronics. Their service is extremely friendly and professional. You also get a 10% discount for being a Satelliteguys member.

They will take care of you.

Here's who not to order from: RAPID (what a joke for a name) SATELLITE. I'm new to all this but the setup for putting in a system is a nightmare. I ordered a 4 room system from Rapid and the HD receiver was dead on arrival. The installer, a different company, kept trying to get me to pay more for installation after he started even though it seemed like a basic install (whatever that means)and I did most of the drilling through walls. It's been 3 weeks now and I still don't have a replacement. Talking to DirecTV doesn't seem to help ( they're a 3rd company in all this). The receivers seem out of date. For example, none of the manuals talk about DVDs only VCRs. I have 3 Hughes(SD-HBH) and one dead Samsung (SIR-TS360).
The whole system is flawed: Dealing with 3 different companies, long waits for replacements, the customer having to mail back defective parts, etc. I experienced 12 years with cable and had no problems with them or their equipment. I dealt with one company. I guess sat is better but at what price?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tivo trouble?

Rapid Satellite and DTV Bait and Switch???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)