Leaving for streaming

ThomasTrain

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Well, after 22 years, I'm finally leaving. I just can't continue to justify the $122/mo spend when I have high speed internet and streaming available. So I'm jumping ship to YouTube TV (already have Netflix).

Bye Dish.

Yes, please let us know your results. I’m considering pushing pause on Dish to test streaming before a final decision. The final decision for me is.....happy wife, happy life.

Yes, please let us know your results. I’m considering pushing pause on Dish to test streaming before a final decision. The final decision for me is.....happy wife, happy life.
I spent nine months using Dish pause to test the various streaming options, finally decided that the utility of the Hopper3 DVR, trick play, and guide just trumped any savings I had using the streaming options. One thing is that I have very slow broadband which affects the utility of the streaming DVR solutions. 10/1 DSL is the best I can get.

Huh! I've been with Dish since 2003. Have an H3 and a J3 on AT200 (no premiums) and my bill is <$100 per month (at least until my 24 mo lock expires in May).

What are your equipment and subs that make your bill $25 more a month than mine?

I tested YouTube TV back in December and then went on Dish Pause in February to force my family to transition over to YouTube TV. While there were certainly some differences in how thing work and perform - there were no show stoppers. Instead of just continuing to stay on Dish Pause for a few more months given the 'wife acceptance factor' approval, I just opted to cancel now.

All the streaming options just work differently than what we are used to so that's the biggest change is becoming OK with relearning how to do things. Beyond that, it was smooth sailing. My kids love the idea of being able to watch on any device anywhere anytime. Previously if we wanted to watch on any other device we were limited to one device.

With all the other streaming options, we've not run across contention with hitting the 3 simultaneous streams limit .

Huh! I've been with Dish since 2003. Have an H3 and a J3 on AT200 (no premiums) and my bill is <$100 per month (at least until my 24 mo lock expires in May).

What are your equipment and subs that make your bill $25 more a month than mine?

AT200, no premiums. H3 and 4 joeys and was on the customer retention offer.. It's the damn equipment fees that ultimately killed it for me ($38.00 worth). Don't get me wrong, I still think that Dish has the absolute best STB interface available on the market... but it's not worth more than double what I can pay a streaming competitor.

I already have stable high speed internet (300mb down/25mb up) and I was already paying for Netflix, and get Prime video as part of Prime, then add $49.99 for YouTube TV. IT became a no brainer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)