Leaving for the first time ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
I have been with Dish for over 15 years and have had zero complaints until today...With the NFL channel gone and a few of my locals gone this is the first time I have actually thought about leaving (Yes I know the season hasn’t started yet but I want to be ready when it does whether that’s staying or going) I have stuck with Dish through all the disputes but it still seems like my bill is way to high for all this fighting Dish is doing with the carriers so if I'm going to get all the channels plus more and pay the same it may be time for a change

Few quick questions...

One...Thinking about DirectTv and God forbid Spectrum Haha but just wanted to see what people's thoughts are...

B ...I have 2 ehd's...What comes of them and will I be able to hook them up to a computer and still use them ???

And 3...I def want the Red zone channel with Scott Hanson and DirectTv doesn't have it so if there is another way to get it on my tv and get DirectTv I would do that

Thank you everyone in advance

The external drives you can connect to a computer and wipe to use for other things as the data will be lost without the valid dish account they were used on.

I think Redzone is available ala carte from the NFL.

Reactions: ashutto20
To be more specific
The DISH data on the harddrives is DISH encrypted and unusable with that specific DISH account.
You'll still have the harddrive to reuse for other things.

The external drives you can connect to a computer and wipe to use for other things as the data will be lost without the valid dish account they were used on.

I think Redzone is available ala carte from the NFL.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Thanks for the responses...I was def thinking DirectTv because Spectrum is spectrum Haha and I don't think they have as good as hardware as direct and def not Dish... Will have to look more into Direct since AT&T took over I guess if I decide to leave

While some DTV fans will disagree with me, DirecTV is just terrible now. AT&T has gutted that company and pretty much left it to die off. I'd do some serious due-diligence before making that move
I'll agree that if you need to call customer service the move to AT&T has really trashed the service. But outside that it's still the same old DIRECTV, annual price increase and the occasional contract dispute causing channels to go black, but we usually get them back. If the OP does check out Spectrum make sure to check what the surcharge for local channel will be, see https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...roadcast-tv-fee-soars-to-1645-per-month.shtml. And while Dish folks say that DIRECTV STB's are horrible check out what your Spectrum might offer. In Austin it's an ancient two tuner DVR and no whole home DVR service, plus their additional receiver fees are outlandish.

I left Dish about 3 years ago for Direct. I got a 2 year price lock, and I've gotten the price rolled back a couple times since that expired. The service is as good as Dish, the DVR and wireless receivers are very good. No regrets

While some DTV fans will disagree with me, DirecTV is just terrible now. AT&T has gutted that company and pretty much left it to die off. I'd do some serious due-diligence before making that move

Agreed. I loved DirectTV until AT&T came along. I’d go to streaming before DirectTV which is a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Thanks for the responses...I was def thinking DirectTv because Spectrum is spectrum Haha and I don't think they have as good as hardware as direct and def not Dish... Will have to look more into Direct since AT&T took over I guess if I decide to leave

My parents just switched from DirecTV to Spectrum, and they are very happy with the decision. It isn't perfect, but it gives them all the channels they want at a reasonable (to them) price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)