LeBron making NY teams tongue waggle.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Because he has been NOWHERE ELSE BUT OHIO. Means nothing.....hit has nothing to do with the money....he will always have money. But he will have even MORE exposure playing in NY...if possible. And playing in NYC.....not for me...is a major thing for alot of players in all the major sports...

This goes back to my argument from a few months back that playing in one of the major markets (LA or NYC) isn't what it used to be. Especially with the widespread media coverage that is available today. For an ego, maybe, but dollars and marketing wise, not so much so.

Tiger and Peyton Manning are prime examples. Tiger isn't affiliated to any one city and Manning plays in a small market town. It can be argued that along with LeBron, they are the 3 biggest celebrity athletes. These 3 are also top earners marketing wise. None of them have the big city tag.

In conclusion, that article and quote I posted proves one simple point. And that is, LeBron can accomplish everything he wants to in life from the comfort of his own home in Bath, Ohio.

This goes back to my argument from a few months back that playing in one of the major markets (LA or NYC) isn't what it used to be. Especially with the widespread media coverage that is available today. For an ego, maybe, but dollars and marketing wise, not so much so.

Tiger and Peyton Manning are prime examples. Tiger isn't affiliated to any one city and Manning plays in a small market town. It can be argued that along with LeBron, they are the 3 biggest celebrity athletes. These 3 are also top earners marketing wise. None of them have the big city tag.

In conclusion, that article and quote I posted proves one simple point. And that is, LeBron can accomplish everything he wants to in life from the comfort of his own home in Bath, Ohio.

You cannot compare a golfer to a basketball or football player. Golfers (and tennis players) don't have a home team or city. That's bizarre.

I think the nature of the NFL being such a national sport lends itself to a Manning (or a Farve or an Aikman) not migrating to a major market to play.

Baseball and basketball seem to be different, however, while there are examples of players never making it to a major market, there are many more who have. There can be many examples on both sides, but it certainly sounds here like James is at the very least interested in playing for either the Knicks or the Nets.

Sandra

The other factor would be that free agency does not work the same way in the NFL. It is hard for a player to just jump teams after his contract ends. Even the rights to an "unrestricted' free agent revert to the original club after a certain date. So while jumping to a big market team can be done it is somewhat harder.

I do remember the days when players would try to go to LA so they could establish a film career but I guess that those days are behind us.

Because he has been NOWHERE ELSE BUT OHIO. Means nothing.....hit has nothing to do with the money....he will always have money. But he will have even MORE exposure playing in NY...if possible. And playing in NYC.....not for me...is a major thing for alot of players in all the major sports...

The thing here is NY city. Some players were just made for the bright lights, and LeBron is one of the them. The contract won't be an issue, this guy makes more than enough in endorsements, (which will only gravitate toward Tiger Woods numbers if he moves to NY). It's just about being a star on the brightest stage in the world.

But let me give you some hope HD. The quickest way to get management off their asses and improve your team, is to threaten to leave. Worked for Kobe, didn't it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts