Left Dish for FIOS

One thing I do not see is the price differences! I too, went with Fios for a month until I had enough of the Motorola DVR and its useless misleading content. Just try to call Verizon, and you will have to deal with its useless call center as well! On average, I had to speak with four people before I was put through to the current department.
Yep , And Anyone who cerrently subscribes to ANY Verizon service Knows this first hand. Some Just won't admit it. Verizon is by Far the worst company to deal with out of any company in the USA.
Or should I say India:rant:
The so called 24/7 tech support :haha:haha LMAO!!

Yep , And Anyone who cerrently subscribes to ANY Verizon service Knows this first hand. Some Just won't admit it. Verizon is by Far the worst company to deal with out of any company in the USA.
Or should I say India:rant:
The so called 24/7 tech support :haha:haha LMAO!!
You do realize they keep finishing #1 or #2 in all the customer satisfaction polls, don't you? To be honest, their customer service is just a tad bit better than the folks at D* and E*, and a lot better than the turds at Cable. As far as Tech Support...yes, Verizon is much better overall than cable or satellite. Factually, E* is the one who outsourced their helpdesk and tech support overseas...Verizon is planted solidly here in the U.S.

I wish I could get FIOS. For the most part I like my Dish service (though I really wish I could have HD DVR's for every TV and have them share content via the Ethernet port). However, I would probably switch to either FIOS or U-verse if either were available in my area. Unfortunately I doubt either will EVER be available in the rural area I live in (though I can get Comcast - woohoo). I might even dump Dish for Comcast if I could get the deal my brother got -- $90/mo for ALL digital channels, 4 sets, phone and 16Mbps Internet for 1 year.

You do realize they keep finishing #1 or #2 in all the customer satisfaction polls, don't you? To be honest, their customer service is just a tad bit better than the folks at D* and E*, and a lot better than the turds at Cable. As far as Tech Support...yes, Verizon is much better overall than cable or satellite. Factually, E* is the one who outsourced their helpdesk and tech support overseas...Verizon is planted solidly here in the U.S.
It always amazes me how much weight people put on CS...

It always amazes me how much weight people put on CS...

Well when you consider a lot of the calls are for things like the volume does not work on my remote or I cannot find the channel, racking up a bunch of highly satisfied calls is probably pretty easy.

...Verizon is planted solidly here in the U.S.
HA! Call them right now for internet tech support! I will bet you any amount of money your call will be sent to India. I've done business with verizon for the past 10 years, Internet and Home phone I've main a number of service calls in that time. They are the worst to deal with. If you need replacement equipment , you have to contact your local Verizon office for ANY service calls and any replacement equipment. Monday - Friday 8-6 only. Maybe you guys in the Big citys have 24/7 but I can tell you for a fact out in the country thats never the case.
If I called E* or D* Right now for a service call By Monday 8am they would be knocking at my door, If not tomorrow afternoon.
Replacement equipment from D* and E* is ALWAYS Next day, 2 Days MAX .
Verizon turn around Time well lets see, Replacement Modem $76 and 3 business days and a 30 minute tech support call and I had Internet again. Yea Thats Impressive.:rolleyes:
Verizon is just another Fancy name for Cable.

HA! Call them right now for internet tech support! I will bet you any amount of money your call will be sent to India. I've done business with verizon for the past 10 years, Internet and Home phone I've main a number of service calls in that time. They are the worst to deal with. If you need replacement equipment , you have to contact your local Verizon office for ANY service calls and any replacement equipment. Monday - Friday 8-6 only. Maybe you guys in the Big citys have 24/7 but I can tell you for a fact out in the country thats never the case.
If I called E* or D* Right now for a service call By Monday 8am they would be knocking at my door, If not tomorrow afternoon.
Replacement equipment from D* and E* is ALWAYS Next day, 2 Days MAX .
Verizon turn around Time well lets see, Replacement Modem $76 and 3 business days and a 30 minute tech support call and I had Internet again. Yea Thats Impressive.:rolleyes:
Verizon is just another Fancy name for Cable.
No need to call Tech Support...phone, Internet and TV have been working 24/7 for the past 20-months. If ever I have a problem my installers gave me their cell numbers as did the local area manager...and they speak perfect English and will be at my door within a few hours. Apparently PA must have some pretty dopey people because the services are stellare in VA and TX.

No need to call Tech Support...phone, Internet and TV have been working 24/7 for the past 20-months. If ever I have a problem my installers gave me their cell numbers as did the local area manager...and they speak perfect English and will be at my door within a few hours. Apparently PA must have some pretty dopey people because the services are stellare in VA and TX.
Yea OK one on one with a Verizon repair man? Thats a new one.:rolleyes: If Fios is so great preach your Fios Bit in the Fios Forum. Verizon may have the PQ and Channel line up that towers others in VERY Limited areas, But trying say Verizon Customers service is the best in the business, Thats just so far from accurite. Sorry:)
Today is Sunday ,If my internet and phone went out right now. I'd be finished untill atleast 8 am Monday morning. When our local Office opens up. Then I can pay them $50 per hour to trouble shoot. Been there done that. Verizon is NO better then Cable when it comes to service calls or replacing equipment.

The FIOS salesman came by a few months back, so I gave him some time and we sat down and compared packages, tired of turning him away, decided to be courteous. As far as TV, when I said I had a 622, 722, and a 625 my 2 daughters share over 2 rooms he couldn't beat the price we pay or the amount of storage on each box (I already knew that).

So now we move to phone/internet. As far as pricing we use Comcast/Vonage, his startup sale price was more than we pay regularly, and just because they claim faster speeds it doesn' t really matter when you get in to the traffic jam, that is the internet these days. Plus the features that Vonage has, blows FIOS away.

I gave him his chance, and now he can just walk on by, unless FIOS comes up with new DVRs and prices for their boxes, they charge just as much as Comcast.

Last edited:

Dopey people in Pa ???? I lived in Bucks County PA for about 6 years and to call the people Dopey would be concidered a complement, They are freakin Brain Dead! They are never wrong, cities are full of brotherly love, try to buy a beer on sundays, in the past, any penatration through a vechile body larger than a quarter failed insepection, and they have television shows like the "Bud Dwyer Show"

"A number of television stations throughout Pennsylvania aired taped footage of Dwyer's suicide to a midday audience. At least one, WITF-TV-33, the Harrisburg PBS affiliate, carried the entire press conference live. Due to a major snowstorm throughout Pennsylvania that day, many schools were closed and many school-aged children witnessed the suicide"

It was of the stupids thing I have ever seen and yes lots of childern did see it as it was a "special news report" and was aired multiple times

Dopey people in Pa ???? I lived in Bucks County PA for about 6 years and to call the people Dopey would be concidered a complement, They are freakin Brain Dead! They are never wrong, cities are full of brotherly love, try to buy a beer on sundays, in the past, any penatration through a vechile body larger than a quarter failed insepection, and they have television shows like the "Bud Dwyer Show"

"A number of television stations throughout Pennsylvania aired taped footage of Dwyer's suicide to a midday audience. At least one, WITF-TV-33, the Harrisburg PBS affiliate, carried the entire press conference live. Due to a major snowstorm throughout Pennsylvania that day, many schools were closed and many school-aged children witnessed the suicide"

It was of the stupids thing I have ever seen and yes lots of childern did see it as it was a "special news report" and was aired multiple times
Not really sure what this has to do with Dishnetwork, Fios or Directv. But You managed to offend everyone who lives in PA. Good for you! :rolleyes:

What in the world.....:rolleyes:

Sorry...I meant the dopey Verison Techs in PA.

Dang

Dopey people in Pa ???? "Bud Dwyer Show"

Don't know about the people there being dopey but this guy must have been. I did find the story interesting when I read about it on wiki. doesn't have a whole lot to do with the feels between people leaving to go to FIOS though. I do find it amusing that people think that fiber is the total answer in this area there have been at least 3 different times that the fiber has been out in the past year.

(MOMMA TOLD ME NOT TO COME) TO FIOS

i had dish for 10 years without many issues.now i have fios.the fios dvr does not have as much recording time as dish.also fios is charging $15.99-$17.99 a month for an hd dvr and regular dvr. dish is still $5.99 the last i checked.also i was on the phone with fios trying to have charges removed .they were for a free trial movie package.i called before the 30 day period was over to stop being charged.my wife called three time and they still were charging $30.00 a month.for 4 months$120.00. i was on hold for 45 minutes to resolve the issue with the billing dept. i used the number they told me to call they never did answer:mad: save your money go with dish better dvr. also if you have two reciever boxes in a line of site to one another, the remote from one reciever will change channels on the other reciever.i have had several occaisions where i will be watching a movie and have paused a few times over a 2 hour time frame.my son will change the reciever in the dining area and guess what i am now watching cartoons, too late cant switch back to last channel.due to pausing the movie i am not on real time, the movie is over or maybe worse you are at the ending, wrecked the suspence now i saw the ending.:mad: you dont have this problem with dish.some friends stayed over night one time and got 2 of the remotes mixed up, they look alike. it took a while to figure out why i couldnt turn on the tv and other controls with the fios remote:mad: F**K FIOS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)