Legacy/DPP - DP Adaptor

rcdallas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
West Texas (midland)
I have one for ya...

With a DPP Twin, a legacy reciever does not require a DP Adapter as long as there is a DP reciever connected.

Now my question is with a DPP Twin, would I need two DP adaptors for two legacy recievers connect to DPP Twin, since the twin is thinking there is a DP reciever already in the system, or would it require two?

I ask because I ran into it the other day, I didn't know so I just used two DP adaptors that I had to be done with it. I don't like running around with no extra equipment out past the city limit signs far from the county lines. :cool:

"Those installation instructions say nothing about not using an adapter (only that it isn't needed)."

On page 2, it says:

"For Legacy receivers:
– A DISH Pro or DISH Pro Plus
receiver MUST also be
connected to the LNBF.
– The Legacy receiver must be
connected to the DP Plus Twin
using RG-6 cable, no further
than 150 feet away from the
furthest LNBF.
Legacy receivers cannot use a
DISH Pro Adapter.

That's the Quick Fact sheet you pointed to. I was referring to the installation guide that I pointed to that includes a chart showing 2 legacy receivers connected. Both are from 2004.

Well I did learn something here. The service call I rolled up on yesterday did have a DPP Twin with two legacy recievers connected to it with no DP adaptor. The whole system didn't work due to staples in the system so I just reinstalled everything with a DP Quad w/two DP adaptors, didn't want to play mad scientist at the time since it was a reinstall.

Thanks for the replies Randall, BobaBird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)