Legacy/DPP - DP Adaptor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rcdallas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
West Texas (midland)
I have one for ya...

With a DPP Twin, a legacy reciever does not require a DP Adapter as long as there is a DP reciever connected.

Now my question is with a DPP Twin, would I need two DP adaptors for two legacy recievers connect to DPP Twin, since the twin is thinking there is a DP reciever already in the system, or would it require two?

I ask because I ran into it the other day, I didn't know so I just used two DP adaptors that I had to be done with it. I don't like running around with no extra equipment out past the city limit signs far from the county lines. :cool:

"Those installation instructions say nothing about not using an adapter (only that it isn't needed)."

On page 2, it says:

"For Legacy receivers:
– A DISH Pro or DISH Pro Plus
receiver MUST also be
connected to the LNBF.
– The Legacy receiver must be
connected to the DP Plus Twin
using RG-6 cable, no further
than 150 feet away from the
furthest LNBF.
Legacy receivers cannot use a
DISH Pro Adapter.

That's the Quick Fact sheet you pointed to. I was referring to the installation guide that I pointed to that includes a chart showing 2 legacy receivers connected. Both are from 2004.

Well I did learn something here. The service call I rolled up on yesterday did have a DPP Twin with two legacy recievers connected to it with no DP adaptor. The whole system didn't work due to staples in the system so I just reinstalled everything with a DP Quad w/two DP adaptors, didn't want to play mad scientist at the time since it was a reinstall.

Thanks for the replies Randall, BobaBird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts