Legacy Equip for 4 Sats & 4 tuners possible?

voyagerbob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
I currently have 110,119, (Dish 500) &129 (Dish 300). All with legacy equip going into a SW64. I would like to add 61.5 (Dish 300 or more likely replace the Dish 500 with a Dish 1000 and repoint the 300 to 61.5). I know I can add a legacy dual LNB at 61.5 and two SW21's that would allow two tuners to receive all 4 locations.

I was wondering if I can add a SW44 or a SW64 and be able to get all four locations for all four tuners. If this is possilbe, does anyone know of a diagram or be able to explain how to make it work.

I currently have two 622's that these locations are feeding.

I don't really want to spend the money for all new Dish Pro equipment, but if I did what is the most cost effective way to go about it.

Also please point me to a thread about this if I missed it in my search.

Thanks

Voyagerbob

I would definitely upgrade to Dish Pro in this case. I would get a 1000.2 and a DP Dual LNB. You use the D500 with the DP Dual for 61.5 and feed the 1000.2 for 119, 100, 129 and 61.5 going to the 622s on single cable runs. And you will have an extra output.

I can only find 3 satellites with Legacy equipment. That's a hell of a mess.

http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/images/tech/500_300_64_8.jpg

You're looking at about $150.00 shipped.

I currently have 110,119, (Dish 500) &129 (Dish 300). All with legacy equip going into a SW64. I would like to add 61.5 (Dish 300 or more likely replace the Dish 500 with a Dish 1000 and repoint the 300 to 61.5). I know I can add a legacy dual LNB at 61.5 and two SW21's that would allow two tuners to receive all 4 locations.

I was wondering if I can add a SW44 or a SW64 and be able to get all four locations for all four tuners. If this is possilbe, does anyone know of a diagram or be able to explain how to make it work.

I currently have two 622's that these locations are feeding.

I don't really want to spend the money for all new Dish Pro equipment, but if I did what is the most cost effective way to go about it.

Also please point me to a thread about this if I missed it in my search.

Thanks

Voyagerbob
YES you can do it with Legacy, Get a Directv 3X4 multiswitch and feed your dual LNBs for 61.5 into it now take the 4 outputs and connect them to 4 SW21s and connect the other port to your 4 SW64 outputs now you have 4sats connected to 2 622 receivers without the expense of Dish Pro.:)

I've had issues with PV (fine for d*) multiswitches being used with DiSH legacy equipment. Something about the 22 KHz tone I think.

off topic

Hi RandallA,

dish doesn't use a 22 KHz tone do they? the problem I had with the perfect vision switches mentioned above was regarding a bed & breakfast I did several years ago (~6-7 years). Legacy dish 500, PV switches, & the system didn't work... 4 hr+ drive each way... I had to finally get some that were dish compatible & it seems the prob was w/ the tone.

BTW, thanks for the advice last year, the job went perfectly: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-combo-hd-legacy-dp-receivers.html#post569176

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)