Legacy NorthEast HD Setup Should I request to be moved to EA or WA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stephen J

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Ohio
I have a two dish setup 110, 119, and 61.5. My contract will be up soon, when it expires, should I request to be moved to a one dish setup? I am looking for reasons other than aesthetics. Thanks. I am in the Cleveland, OH DMA.

Doubtful they will switch you over to a single dish solution just cause you ask to be. You say your contract is almost up. So I'm going to assume you where a new customer, or did some sort of upgrade within the last two years. That being said it's highly unlikely you have legacy equipment, and rather a DPP Twin, and a DP dual. If you're dead set on trying to get a single dish your best bet would be to get a tech out (set up a service call for some bogus reason, or upgrade a receiver), and slip him a twenty or two to slap on a 1000.2.

I have the same satellite setup. I'm quite happy with it. No reason to move, I doubt your reception would improve. It may get worse. And, IIRC, the SD resolution is slightly lower on EA - but that might not be perceivable.

Besides, I still have a 508, which will not work on EA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)