Legacy System

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

motts461

Original poster
Feb 2, 2014
PA
Hi Guys,

Been away from satelite TV for a number of years. Comcast cable internet is my only hi speed internet option and they will charge me a out the wazoo if I use only their internet without cable TV. Anyway I have a system I used while camping and would like to use it at my families camp and was wondering if the equipment is still usable, I am not worried about HD.

Here is what I have:

Dish - Dish 500
LNB- Digital LNBF P/N 214-5100-454 Lot No 0209
Receivers - Model# DISHPVR508
Model# 4000
Model# 3000

I remember using a switch at one time, not sure if I will need one to use two satelites.

I know this stuff is old but wondered what my option are?

Thanks for any help.

As far as I'm aware none of those receivers are able to be used. Also, when you sign up for service DISH will provide you with a new 1000.2 dish and either a WA or EA LNBF at no additional charge (as far as I'm aware). Easiest thing is to call the sales number and see what your options are as far as antenna goes. For receivers, if you don't need any special functionality, look into 211s.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the 508 can't be activated either.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Pretty sure the 508 can't be activated either.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Yep, only 8psk receivers.

Your dish and lnb are fine for sd, no switch needed. you will need a new receiver like a 311 or 211k to sign up for pay in advance service.

Thanks Guys for your help. Do I need anything else to get two satellites or will the LNB do what I need?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts