Legal Dish network on an FTA box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kain2k

Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Im considering buying a HD reciever. My question is, can a FTA box legally, and i stress legally, recieve Dish Network. If i buy a viewsat 9k for instance, will DN allow me to use it or force me to buy one of thiers.

Dish does not allow any hardware they didn't make to be used.

Dish doesn't even allow BellTV receivers to be used on Dishnetwork.

What's up with all of this FTA hacking questions today? I have never seen so many threads on FTA hacking in one day before. Enough is enough. Subcribe if you want service !!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

one more "NO" !

... My question is, can a FTA box legally, and i stress legally, recieve Dish Network.
If i buy a viewsat 9k for instance, will DN allow me to use it or force me to buy one of thiers.
Of the pay TV providers in Canada & USA, including Dish Network, DirecTV, StarChoice, BEV, 4DTV, and Globecast, NONE will let you use any but the hardware they supply.
As RVD420 mentioned above, even though Dish and BEV use the same receivers, you cannot cross-company subscribe them on the other service.

There are some lesser known foreign language channels that will work by using their subscription card in various (your own) receivers.
That came up during discussions last year of the Visionsat IV-200 PVR FTA receiver.

What's up with all of this FTA hacking questions today? I have never seen so many threads on FTA hacking in one day before. Enough is enough. Subcribe if you want service !!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

did you even read the post....

Of the pay TV providers in Canada & USA, including Dish Network, DirecTV, StarChoice, BEV, 4DTV, and Globecast, NONE will let you use any but the hardware they supply.
As RVD420 mentioned above, even though Dish and BEV use the same receivers, you cannot cross-company subscribe them on the other service.

There are some lesser known foreign language channels that will work by using their subscription card in various (your own) receivers.
That came up during discussions last year of the Visionsat IV-200 PVR FTA receiver.

thank you

Someone at R&D @ Dish Network should come up with a method that CAN work so we can actually combine a Dish sub and FTA channels...

Wait....this will never happen. DELETE!

It's a shame that ideas such as this, CAN and WILL be ruined by members of that community. (hackers)

With some of the FTA boxes being so inexpensive these days, and also having such cool features as PVR functionality by adding on an external hard drive, it would be nice if Dish / ExpressVu would somehow be able to authorize smartcards inside of 3rd party receivers.. (Even the Satpros has a card slot) I'm not holding my breath though.

Davage can you imagine the csr's learning 20-50 new menu systems?

They probably could set them to accept the cards since all the eupopean systems can but I believe they don't want to. Maybe it's because FTA recievers don't have a modem to call them to get PPV?

Someone at R&D @ Dish Network should come up with a method that CAN work so we can actually combine a Dish sub and FTA channels...

It's a shame that ideas such as this, CAN and WILL be ruined by members of that community. (hackers)

Dishnetwork could take the Eurpoean model, and allow FTA receivers with PCMCIA slots for CI modules to be used with subscribed cards.

There are Nagravision PCMCIA CI modules. So it is technically possible.

With StarChoice and the DSR921 box, you can subscribe to StarChoice and receive the open/free 4DTV channels. At one time I had a 24" dish pointed at HITS to get AMC when it was not encrypted. That was my start into FTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)