Legal to physucally take my Box/Receiver to my vacation locality?

NightRyder said:
... I'll continue to take my receiver on vacation, the Audit Nazis can go F*ck themselves.
If you are not located at the home that is the listed service location I presume you are not going to answer the phone. If you forward your home phone to, say, your cell phone you would presumably tell any any caller that fact if they wanted you to do something at your service address.

So there is really no way you can be caught being dishonest. You must be so happy.

That said, I guess it is more fun to puff out your chest and say "... the Audit Nazis can go F*ck themselves." - particulary when there is no risk involved.:rolleyes:

NightRyder said:
He did. Dish policy on this is dependant on who you ask. I'll continue to take my receiver on vacation, the Audit Nazis can go F*ck themselves.

NightRyder

Here, here goodjob.gif :D

i am a full time rv'r. i have full wavers for a mobile connection with a 7200 and a 501 and soon a 622. they use my cell phone as primary # and a po box. i go though audits every year. I'm very honest and up front with them. it hasn't been a problem yet. i don't even pay a phone fee. i do use a vonage over sat to have the boxes call in but not connected all the time and not the account Ph#. so i guess it depends on how often your at the vacation location. sounds like a second home to me. if so i suggest setting up a second account there are a lot of dishonest people stealling service by setting up a friends receiver under there account and paying $5 for service. this is just morally wrong and is why dish is trying there best to cut it down to a min and yet be fair to thous that honestly do use there box in there rv or vacation. if you take your box for aprox 2 weeks four times a year you wont get audited. just force a call in before you go and right when you get back. if the system misses a regular call it will try again if it happens to much it will flag you account. my boxes call out aprox every 2 weeks and tries again every night until it goes through. my vonage logs the phone call . some calls are started by dishnetwork to see how long it takes the box to call in and from what phone number. this is the silent audit the next step they call you!!!

hobojoe said:
this year was the worst the auditor i got was rude and shut my service off completely because i failed her test i called back after blowing up at this auditor and was told she was totally wrong and they turned my service back on they apologized a million times and gave me a credit on my next bill i have never ever had any problem with anyone at dishnetwork before this

Holy run on sentence Batman! You may consider switching to decaf! :D :D :D

riffjim4069 said:
I'm quite certain they won't be spending $$$ for an infrequently used broadband service.
The 5-6 million VoIP subscribers in the US would disagree that VoIP is an "infrequently used broadband service". Such a service would be ideal for this type of situation where your physical presence and your phone number could move around.

HI, you seem knowledgable and I am NOT. I have just signed up to Direct TV and have three receivers in my house. two are connected to a phone line and the third is not. we live in CA and have a vacation home (really) in montana. i want to either leave the third reciver in MT or bring it back and forth....
QUESTIONS:

i dont really understand what you mean when you said "force a call".

I do not have a phone in MT, so it wouldnt be hooked up to a phone line. Can the receiver itself send asignal that it is in a different place?

I would really only be using the third receiver about five weeks out of the year...

How do i get anothother satellite dish set up at our MT house?

Sorry for all the questions...help??

force calling is when you go into the menu then press 6/3/Dial out. this will force the receiver to call out immediately. updating the smart card. do not connect your receiver outside your own house! they will then know its being used out side your house. they actually have a vacation home accounts. call them about setting up one. you would only pay for the time active. check eBay for a dish500 and tri-pod. and you will need some coax cable RG6. really pretty easy to setup. i would bring the receiver home in case the audit team calls you. being your only going to use it for 5wks a year i wouldn't bother with the vacation account. don't worry about the questions that's what this place is for, learning! good luck!

cdru said:
The 5-6 million VoIP subscribers in the US would disagree that VoIP is an "infrequently used broadband service". Such a service would be ideal for this type of situation where your physical presence and your phone number could move around.
I too have VOIP service...that was never my point of contension. The initial poster mentioned they used their 2nd home only 6-8 weekends per year....hence, the infrequently used service. I just can't see paying for broadband (not to mentioned VOIP) when the home is usually empty vice $20 a month for basic POTS.

SaltiDawg said:
If you are not located at the home that is the listed service location I presume you are not going to answer the phone. If you forward your home phone to, say, your cell phone you would presumably tell any any caller that fact if they wanted you to do something at your service address.

So there is really no way you can be caught being dishonest. You must be so happy.

That said, I guess it is more fun to puff out your chest and say "... the Audit Nazis can go F*ck themselves." - particulary when there is no risk involved.:rolleyes:

I agree with him. The audit Nazi's need to go F themselves. I dont have E* but if I pay for my equipment and pay my bill then they need to stay the F out of our lives. D*, E* are whoever.

Geeee i ratter have my second account for $10.99 amonth...
Since I live in the Poconos my address with dishtv is located in NYC so I can watch all the NYC Sporting events
And My second receiver Is located also in the poconos and I pickup all the L.A. Calif Stations on Conus for another $10.99
Dish has my Cell# and Po Box # ONLY
I feel that I am not stealing but that I am paying,but I do it the right way....JT

johnnytuinals said:
Geeee i ratter have my second account for $10.99 amonth...
Since I live in the Poconos my address with dishtv is located in NYC so I can watch all the NYC Sporting events
And My second receiver Is located also in the poconos and I pickup all the L.A. Calif Stations on Conus for another $10.99
Dish has my Cell# and Po Box # ONLY
I feel that I am not stealing but that I am paying,but I do it the right way....JT

Oh yea, you aren't doing anything wrong what so ever!?!:rolleyes:

I do not see taking a receiver to a vacation home any different than using your dialup internet number at another location. This is different than having two families watching off of the same account at the same time.

sA :: Shaggy said:
can u go online and change ur phone number on ur bill and then u can still plug it in... i remember something about that... I could be very wrong... if so please tell me
The other day when I was online/logged-in, there were options to change a lot of data, including main and alternate phone numbers.

I had no need to change it and check to see if it works, so I don't know if it works or not. I do feel that when it comes to their computer system, it's not perfect.

Example:

(1) For those that have a "service address (physical)" and a "billing address (mailing)" that are different, if you go online and look at your bill, you will see both addresses. It is all okay, except for the ZIP CODE on the mailing address will be incorrect, it displays the zip code of the service address. (If same, not a problem.) However, this may only be on the display, I don't know what happens when the bills are printed to be mailed, since I don't get bills from them. However, I had asked for a manual bill when I first got my (second) account, and although the bill was incomplete/incorrect, it did have the correct zip code for the PO BOX.

(2) Web pages are not up to date. (Besides incorrect date, you sometimes can't get there from here.)

(3) And as others have posted, orders are lost.

I noticed a few days ago, Echo/Dish was looking to hire someone to help the retailers with web services, and to make sure all the associated web functions worked. I thought about it, but I couldn't see going do it unless they would let me make sure the whole system worked.:p

Last edited:
Stargazer said:
I do not see taking a receiver to a vacation home any different than using your dialup internet number at another location. This is different than having two families watching off of the same account at the same time.

You may not see any difference, but Dish does. Vacation home = separate account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)