622 Downloading(uploading)

gmcgown

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 24, 2005
Fort Worth
I have some great videos stored on the hard disc drive of my 622 that I would like to share with some of my sailing pals. If you're a sailor, Hard Water at WorldSport Channel, is fantastic. Is there anyway to download them to a laptop so they can be shown some where else other than my HD TV set?

I also want to know if this is possible. I'd like to download programs to my laptop to essentially get it to work like a Pocket Dish.

There is a modification available called R5000 for persons who own their 622 (nextcomwireless.com).

It costs $550 per box and captures the digital stream before it is encrypted to the hard drive. The digital stream is then sent via USB 2.0 connection to your computer.

To be legal it almost has to be done this way, because the 622 digitally encrypts the files on the hard drive and the Digital Rghts Management Law (DRM) makes it illegal to decrypt such information (crock).

There are people who are pulling the digital streams off the 622 HD and examining them - that is all I'll say for now.

Suffice it to say that as of now there is no way to take the recordings on a 622 and view them on any device other than PocketDish.

BTY - the PocketDish is not HD - SD only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)