Legality of this...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i comprehend fine, if you are going to make a bold statement though at least spell a simple word right. He will not go to jail for this as you stated. He can move for a time as posters above have made clear. He ist stealing anything

No, you really dont. Most of the time people bag one someone’s spelling when they have ran out of legitimate merit to argue there side of a issue, OMG a word spelled wrong! that must mean...... well not a thing really LOL:rolleyes:

He can move anytime true but he's not authorized to receive service at that address, I could care less what the people here say, I can just ask my freind that works for DTV and again she is never wrong! I have to ask why would you not just call and change the address then call back when you move back? I have an idea if I’m just outright wrong why dont you just go ahead and plug the phone line in and order a bunch of ppv's bud.

Milkman,

One could contact DTV and say Hi, I would like to move my service site to another address.......do a mover"s connection.......and then say after ten days....Hi I would like to move my service site back to where it was. I think the intent is to eliminate contacts with DTV AND the chance of some screw up. Just do it. The money is the same and there is no intent to defraud.

The PPV thing would just initiate an erroneous notification
that something is wrong when all is well.....no theft.
Joe
Joe, DTV has a contract you sign when you start service, read it. Yes you can call in and change your address and that would authorize service for the new address without problems so why not do that? You dont even have to talk to movers just call in and change it.
Point blank if you dont call in your receiving a signal your not authorized to receive.

Do you know what this guys going to collage for? what if he wants to be a lawyer? Small things like this can but most time dont snowball. Ethically and legally its not something Id advise anyone to do because DTV gives you the option to change address so there is no question of your intentions.

The best way to know who’s right or wrong here would be to call DTV and ask and I assure you if they look at policy they will tell you no you cant do that, its there signal, there property so if they say "you cant do it that way" then you cant and if you do "legally" your stealing it.

If you do take your receivers to moms for the weekend fine by me its no skin off my back, hay plug that bad boy in and order some ppvs for all i care, but know that its not something DTV endorces and they do act on it if they can, know its not legal, if its just a small case like this and they catch it you just lose dirctv no big deal right?

Last edited:
Thats the funniest thing you have said yet! A D* employee thats never wrong. lol:D
That’s right she's absolutely never wrong, look her up on the net sometime(Im sure
There’s something about her there) all you need is her first name its Doris, now your ignorance makes me laugh as well so aren’t we both content:)

That’s right she's absolutely never wrong, look her up on the net sometime(Im sure
There’s something about her there) all you need is her first name its Doris, now your ignorance makes me laugh as well so aren’t we both content:)
aww your friend is a computer program, isnt that cute...

whats a layer? And why would you need school for it?;)

I have a call into D* to check on this, and will post back my results
Lawyer OMG not another one! My bad but please about the origanal topic DO TELL?

Make sure to tell them he wants to move his receiver to his mom and dads over a holiday without letting DTV know then move it back, if you really need to call in I feel sorry for you. In fact just to make sure its policy and not some CSR in a rush.

P.S. Remember, I make no clame to work for dtv, I simply do have a friend that dose that is all Im saying.

Last edited:
Lawyer OMG not another one! My bad but please about the origanal topic DO TELL?

Make sure to tell them he wants to move his receiver to his mom and dads over a holiday without letting DTV know then move it back, if you really need to call in I feel sorry for you. In fact just to make sure its policy and not some CSR in a rush ask for a supervisor.
Yep another one, and i left out many in that post also.

yes, i feel the need to call in. I specifically asked if he would or could go to jail since you stated it as fact

Yep another one, and i left out many in that post also.

yes, i feel the need to call in. I specifically asked if he would or could go to jail since you stated it as fact
I dont think they would take it that far for what he is doing BUT the point is that they could, ask about taking your receiver to a friends house for the super bowl as well seeing as you think thats cool with DTV, and please dont forget to let us know what they say about it.

I dont think they would take it that far for what he is doing BUT the point is that they could, ask about taking your receiver to a friends house for the super bowl as well seeing as you think thats cool with DTV, and please dont forget to let us know what they say about it.
Trust me, i wont forget. Actually, i doubt that the law would allow a penalty as harsh as jail time for something so simple(if you think D* would even press charges). It isnt D* that makes the laws. Taking it to the extreme(assuming that what you are saying is the extreme) the most i could possibly see would be a fine of some sort, and even that is reaching in this situation

Bottom line ! Just take your receiver to your parents or friends or where ever,If its for only a couple weeks and you pay your bill ,It OK with me,and I'm sure 95% of DBStalk and SatelliteGuys, and your still paying for a service that doesn't cost a cent more no matter where your receiver is. If it cost more at your folks house ,Then I could see maybe a small problem.
"MilkMan" If you want to talk legal ,How legal is it for D* CSR's to give false information? I don't hear any complaints on that. They have a History of telling people what they want to hear to make a sale,E* too! I will bet you any amount of money D* has or had enough lawsuits to back this up. I've yet to hear of someone going to jail or even being sued for doing something to D*.

Calling DTV or the IRS or the FBI is like the man with the pet gorilla.

Even though the man owns it and can command it to do things............shouts and hits won't work because that damn monkey is to big. Real force will only make it angry. Pull it around with your truck and good by truck. But worst is attempting to kiss up to the gorilla by telling who stole the bananas.
If that gorilla decides to make love, someone will be hurt in memorable ways.

Don't ask DTV.....don't steal from them.......don't call either.

Joe

Calling DTV or the IRS or the FBI is like the man with the pet gorilla.

Even though the man owns it and can command it to do things............shouts and hits won't work because that damn monkey is to big. Real force will only make it angry. Pull it around with your truck and good by truck. But worst is attempting to kiss up to the gorilla by telling who stole the bananas.
If that gorilla decides to make love, someone will be hurt in memorable ways.

Don't ask DTV.....don't steal from them.......don't call either.

Joe
ok.....

You can call ,can't you? Or better yet lets hear what your CSR friend has to say on the subject.
basically what i found out is, that while it is "technically" against the nature of the agreement, D* DOES NOT have a policy for going after the occasional temporary move. That is from 2 different D* reps.

basically what i found out is, that while it is "technically" against the nature of the agreement, D* DOES NOT have a policy for going after the occasional temporary move. That is from 2 different D* reps.
I mean really ,What are you stealing? A satellite signal thats paid for! The only reason its even an issue is because local businesses advertise on local channels,so if your watching someone elses advertisement how theirs being seen? It all comes down to money. Just because I see a car ad in NY DMA ,doesn't mean I'm going there to buy one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts