Legit or a phishing scam?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I just got the following. The url points to a pstmrk.it domain but with a userinterview tag.
Just curious if anyone else got this. The first thing that caught my eye was that it came under an email that Dish doesn't have as my main email address.

Smells like a phishing scam.

Hi xxxxxx,

My name is Kai and I'm a user researcher at Dish TV. We are working on making some improvements to the Home Screen and would love your input on the current experience.

If you're interested in sharing your feedback, it should only take 50 minutes and you'll receive $65.00 via choice of dozens of digital gift cards as a thank you.
Click the button below to get started!

Reactions: HipKat
If it were any more suspicious of a phishing scam, it'll be slapping its tail in your face.

• Misspelled your name 'xxxxxxx' :D
  • "Dish TV"
  • improvements to the Home Screen?
  • 50 minutes?!
  • Offer of money in a form of "digital gift cards".
  • "Click the button"
However, kudos to the scam using the right version of "you're", but the sentences due tend to run on.

If it were any more suspicious of a phishing scam, it'll be slapping its tail in your face.

• Misspelled your name 'xxxxxxx' :D
However, kudos to the scam using the right version of "you're", but the sentences due tend to run on.
I did the xxxxxx as they used my real first name.

Did the email include a last name?

What was the full email address?
No last name, just my real first name.

The email address (easy to spoof) says "research@userinterviews.com"

The link goes to.. I removed some stuff so that someone here doesn't accidentally click it.
And changed some of the % to @'s to make it invalid. So just substitute % for the @ and that's the URL it pointed to.

Reactions: charlesrshell

The link goes to.. I removed some stuff so that someone here doesn't accidentally click it.
And changed some of the % to @'s to make it invalid. So just substitute % for the @ and that's the URL it pointed to.

I spoke to the individual that is running this project and he said

"Hey sir, yup that's legit. They would have signed up for products research pool within the last year. The feedback is good. I will work on making it look less like spam"

Thanks!

I never trust those third part "research" companies too fishy to me that they don't sell your info

Reactions: charlesrshell