Lesbian kiss on family package?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got a question...

Why is the origional poster upset about this when his own signature says he does not subscribe to the family package.
"Though not a member of any family package, just locals, I'm being black outed from all free previews due some clause in the family package contract, which I regard as unwanted censorship at the very least."

I don't have anything to add except my post count was 969 which felt a bit uncomfortable so i figured I would use this thread to move me off that count - it seemed the appropiate place. I wanted a Family Friendly number :D

I think everone knows (most anyway),or should know about parental block. The point with this is a person subing to the Fam pack may think they have in a way done this by getting this pack. I feel those channels should be removed from the Fam pack. It is misleading. The whole point of the Fam pack is to has family friendly programing.

On a side note, the parental controls stink sometimes. I know dish is not at fault. Some programing gets blocked that should not sometimes in my kids room and off we go to put in the code for them. I talking about stuff on the Disney channel and such. The problem happens when a program is NR/OA. It seems some cartoons are NR. And some PG movies will get blocked at times. Not a lot, but it happens. I think NR and OA are 2 dif animals and should be treated as such. The stations need to do a better job on there end to make the system in place work as well as it can. In the end it is the job of the parents, but it's nice when you can use tech to help out.

I do not agree with truckracer's decision to politicize this thread, but in all fairness, shouldn't the posts that ridicule his position and have nothing to do with the original post be removed as well?

For the record, I believe the moderators do a very good job at keeping posts on topic!

i have posted a similar subject in the general programming section. in my opinion TV has grown pretty bad. the rating system need to be reevaluated. some rated R shows seem like XXX to me. and if i would subscribe to a family pac i would expect it to be safe for my entire family with out the use of parental controls. dish has done a outstanding job of putting tools in parents hands to control the content and in general cannot control content. but programmers like HBO family should never show any content that would not be considered for the entire family. i have seen awful things on this channel! as far as the homosexual content i don't think of it any differently than the other sexual content. i hope the original post was not about the "homosexual" content but rather "sexual" content in general. as far as this particular channel i don't know much about it but it sounds like its not part of the dish network family pac in that case it is not a fault of dish rather the person requesting the channel and not using the proper locks to prevent it from being viewed. we must all use our TVs responsibly. just like owning a gun. you must use precautions to protect others.

ts7 said:
I do not agree with truckracer's decision to politicize this thread, but in all fairness, shouldn't the posts that ridicule his position and have nothing to do with the original post be removed as well?
they were. I removed about 10 posts

Iceberg said:
they were. I removed about 10 posts

You were right to remove those posts - including mine. I originally was trying to say it had gotten off-topic but I guess I should have worded it differently.

Maybe we should have a list of what words are not allowed. I really didn't realize the term "queer" was considered that bad. I thought it was like, you know....sort of like slang I guess. It's the only term I knew growing up - gay hadn't been invented yet.

I guess it's like other words that were exceptable in the 50s & 60s but are not now. Then of course there's a few that were not acceptable then but are now. Basically I think some people are just too thin skinned - but that's me.

Iceberg said:
walt
It wasnt the word you used, I just cleaned up the thread. that was it :)

Ok - thanks. goodjob.gif

Iceberg said:
I just wish Dish wouldn't make them so damn loud! :)

Dish gets enough bashing; it's not Dish who is passing along the audio stream.

The commercials are compressed which pushes the average loudness higher.

Cheers,

jonsnow said:
Why is lesbianism now ok in the family package? I was flipping through the channels when I came across colours tv where a bunch of thong-clad babes dancing around. then two women started kissing. I am not making this up folks.

When did two women kissing begin to mean they must be lesbians?

This is a new trend in bars, high schools, and junior high schools..... trying to turn on the guys....

And people complain about a religious Islamist state!? I know they don't allow that there, and tickets are available......

Sheesh!

John Kotches said:
Dish gets enough bashing; it's not Dish who is passing along the audio stream.

The commercials are compressed which pushes the average loudness higher.

Cheers,
They were referring to Dish commercials, not normal commercials. Dish commercials are very loud compared to national commercials. They remind me of the commercials for monster trucks; SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

DirecTV's Family Choice has Noggin/The N on which...OH NOES..several teen shows casually accept the "homosexual lifestyle". I don't really see why it's still a big deal, but there's always SkyAngel if you don't want you sensibilities offended. [ Unless the Episcopal church gets a channel there :) ]

jonsnow said:
Why is lesbianism now ok in the family package? I was flipping through the channels when I came across colours tv where a bunch of thong-clad babes dancing around. then two women started kissing. I am not making this up folks.
The more I think about it, the more I would enjoy a lesbian kiss on my family package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.