LeSea Channels - Galaxy 16

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Noticed this week that several of the LeSea Channels no longer have video. Can anyone please confirm?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using the SatelliteGuys app!

Just finished watching the Munsters on LeSea-7, Herman got his ham ticket,
The other channels, 4, 6, 7, and 8 look good.

Got a call from one of their general managers, they are transitioning over to mpeg4. Signal will still be there but you need a receiver capable of receiving it.

Hi All,

Well this LeSea transition to mpeg4 doesn't bode well for many of us.:(

John

Not sure why you would say that as all they are doing is going from Mpeg-2 video to H.264 video.
All else is the same.
Unless you have an old receiver that only does Mpeg 2 video then you have a problem but most receivers do H.264 now so there should be no problem.
Your Micro hd receiver should get them fine, but you may need to delete the channels first then re-scan them back in.

Lehman,

Thanks for the good news.
Unlike some members here, I am not an electronics geek, so I didn't know that mpeg4 and H.264 had similar codecs.
Much relieved as I like a lot of LeSea's programming. ;)

John

Reactions: Lehman bud farm
Unlike some members here, I am not an electronics geek, so I didn't know that mpeg4 and H.264 had similar codecs.

Not a problem. not really an electronic geek either but happened to use an old receiver that showed the video codes and compared them to an old listing.
I may not be an electronic geek but I do try to keep a written down track of the signals we like to watch here with their pids and video/audio type so if there is a change it can be made on all the receivers.
LeSea has a variety of programming on their channels and I would not want to lose them either. :)

Reactions: JFOK
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts