Let's guess the date of the new software release for 921?

tcj2001

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
With Mark mentioning the 921 looks stable after the 3rd beta. I guess the new software should be up by 01/26/04

I just heard from the 921 beta team, and there is a possibility we could see the fix before that. :)

(Yippie!)

Now only if I had a working 921. :(

tcj2001 said:
With Mark mentioning the 921 looks stable after the 3rd beta. I guess the new software should be up by 01/26/04

I'll take 1/27 in the pool. Bank on it being done before the SuperBowl.

I also believe it will be before the SuperBowl.

Dish knows a lot of people will be watching the SuperBowl OTA, and a lot of 921 owners will be showing off their 921.

It is in their best interest to get it out before next Sunday.

I'll say 5 minutes before the superbowl starts the download will begin to all receivers...it'll knock the 921 offline for 3hrs, only to return without the OTA bug right as the game ends.

LOL I bet a lot of 921 owners would be chucking their 921's through Echostar's front window. Like the old lady in the tire commercial.

sclaws said:
I'll say 5 minutes before the superbowl starts the download will begin to all receivers...it'll knock the 921 offline for 3hrs, only to return without the OTA bug right as the game ends.

Sailor said:
I am a new subscriber and got the 921 for $600. What will they fix with the new firmware?

boy you are a 921 newbie!!!

If you start to read all the posts here & other forums, you will quickly find out that the OTA tuner is NOT functioning correctly. If you do not have an OTA antenna no problem. If you do, wait until the software update to even attempt to add\scan OTA DTV channels much less attempt to then record them.

Also, current locals are in the 7000 or 8000 range with this receiver instead of corresponding to the local broadcast number ie ABC channel 7 might be Ch. 8073 instead of showing up as Ch.7 in guide. Supposedly they might fix this as well to have locals show up in local numbers.

There are a handful of other bugs that are being addressed but in my opinion are not a big deal compared to the OTA issue.

What's the Give-a-way, if we answer correctly? (and don't say new software w/o the OTA bug!)

There is a rumor that someone heard it was going to be the 23rd, now Scott says it before the 26th. I agree they are likely trying to get this out and working before Superbowl Sunday. So based on what Scott says (Sorry Scott, but you've been a little off lately), I'll say Tuesday 1/27. I looked at the software update page and five out of twelve were on a Tuesday.

If the desire is to release the new update prior to the Super Bowl, I hope they don't wait so late that if this fix introduces new bugs there will be no time to repair them prior to Feb 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)