Letter about "Bundling"

nlk10010

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Nassau County NY
I just received my December bill and accompanying it was a letter telling me that, since I just bundled my Dish service with one of their phone or internet partners, I would be receiving a $5 discount on my Dish bill for the next X months. Also, the next bill I get would be for two months so that Dish could "integrate me into their billing system".

Needless to say this came as quite a shock as I did no such thing (not even remotely have I "bundled" anything with anything else).

On top of other things I'm dealing with I didn't need this nuisance. I called Dish up and the rep insisted that this was an "error" and that these letters were sent to everyone instead of just people to whom they applied.

I guess I'll need to wait to see what happens with my next invoice but I thought as a way to try and verify what I was told: has anyone else got this notice in their latest bill?

Thanks for any responses.

call your internet and espically phone company. you were probably slammed.

involuntarily changed

Yea, that's what I was afraid of.

Problem is, my Internet isn't even in my name (it's in my business name). So I'm not sure they could do that one. I don't even know if AT&T (Dish's phone "partner") offers service where I am but I will check with Verizon (my current phone company) when I get home.

If indeed it's a case of slamming, can you suggest a link which will give me information about what to do (other than informing my existing provider(s))?

Thanks.

Hmmm. I got the same letter yesterday and I "was" with AT&T but now I have Comcast for phone and internet. I'm gonna call Dish Network and find out what the deal is.

I'm on paperless billing and autopay but I always download the pdf of my latest statement from the Dish website when available, and a notice as described by the OP was tacked on to my latest bill. I presumed at the time it was a goof as the Dish CSR told the OP rather than slamming. We'll see.

I just called and CSR told me it was sent by mistake. I don't know why but my last two calls to Dish Network have been transferred to the Executive office. :confused:

I got the same letter

I received the same letter as well.

I just contacted DISH via the online chat and this is what I was told

(from chat transcript):

(04-10) Megan C. Q0K:
I apologize, there was a glitch in the billing and this letter was sent out mistakenly.

Network connection re-established.

(04-10) Megan C. Q0K:
There have been no changes to your service/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)