Letter about "Bundling"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nlk10010

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Nassau County NY
I just received my December bill and accompanying it was a letter telling me that, since I just bundled my Dish service with one of their phone or internet partners, I would be receiving a $5 discount on my Dish bill for the next X months. Also, the next bill I get would be for two months so that Dish could "integrate me into their billing system".

Needless to say this came as quite a shock as I did no such thing (not even remotely have I "bundled" anything with anything else).

On top of other things I'm dealing with I didn't need this nuisance. I called Dish up and the rep insisted that this was an "error" and that these letters were sent to everyone instead of just people to whom they applied.

I guess I'll need to wait to see what happens with my next invoice but I thought as a way to try and verify what I was told: has anyone else got this notice in their latest bill?

Thanks for any responses.

call your internet and espically phone company. you were probably slammed.

involuntarily changed

Yea, that's what I was afraid of.

Problem is, my Internet isn't even in my name (it's in my business name). So I'm not sure they could do that one. I don't even know if AT&T (Dish's phone "partner") offers service where I am but I will check with Verizon (my current phone company) when I get home.

If indeed it's a case of slamming, can you suggest a link which will give me information about what to do (other than informing my existing provider(s))?

Thanks.

Hmmm. I got the same letter yesterday and I "was" with AT&T but now I have Comcast for phone and internet. I'm gonna call Dish Network and find out what the deal is.

I'm on paperless billing and autopay but I always download the pdf of my latest statement from the Dish website when available, and a notice as described by the OP was tacked on to my latest bill. I presumed at the time it was a goof as the Dish CSR told the OP rather than slamming. We'll see.

I just called and CSR told me it was sent by mistake. I don't know why but my last two calls to Dish Network have been transferred to the Executive office. :confused:

I got the same letter

I received the same letter as well.

I just contacted DISH via the online chat and this is what I was told

(from chat transcript):

(04-10) Megan C. Q0K:
I apologize, there was a glitch in the billing and this letter was sent out mistakenly.

Network connection re-established.

(04-10) Megan C. Q0K:
There have been no changes to your service/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)