Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tele-TV

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Letter from D* about MandarinDirect II / Mandarin Direct II; Questions

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask you since I got conflicting reports from D*.

Right now I have a Sat-C 3 LNB Dish. I also get Phoenix North America Ch. I got a letter from D* saying that on September 15, 2006 that they will be moiving this programming to a new satellite. They told me that I will have to install the 36" International (Int.) Dish to keep receiving the Chinese channels. I was wondering....

1. Will the 36" Dish be able to pick up at least the sats that the 3 LNB gets?

2A. They also told me that I will need an International (MPEG 4??). Do you know if the new HR20 is considered an International Ch. receiver?

2B. If the HR20 is not an Int. receiver, then which ones are?

Hopefully I don't have to have the 36" in addition to my Oval Dish because I don't want to have 3 dishes on my chimmney (LOL). As you see, "when" E* goes live w/ InHD, I will be subscribing to them (NGC HD, INHD, etc.), in addition to D*.

Hopefully I provided enough info. Any help will be appreciated (PLEASE! share your knowledge).

Thanks,

Matthew

Last edited:
Unless your locals are on the 119, or you don't subscribe to an D* hd package you can use one ODU for D*.

Thanks for the reply grdlok. I forgot to mention for Locals, that I'm in the Los Angeles Area. I'm going to call D* again today, but this time ask for tech support. I think the lady transferred me to sales last time. I looked-up ODU on these forums/boards, there is a big thread (2005) on this, but its not linking because I'm getting an error message. I was in a hurry when I did the search. Will have to take a closer look at the other search result. Thanks again grydlok.

Have an installation set for this Thursday. Quick CONFIRMATION QUESTIONS please.

BEFORE :D you go guys, can someone help me/confirm the answers to the following questions, please. Thank-you.

1. I just searched Google w/ the words directv international dish, but I could not find the answer. My installer and the person who took my order @ D* didn't know the answer.

Could a D* 36" dish be installed w/ a chimmney band (CB)?

2. If I have the installer do a little "*custom" work (*If and I don't know if the CB will work w/ the 36" dish); the person I spoke to at D* told me I could have myself billed for the work that the contractor did, through D*. I'm trying to figure out how much money to take-out. :)

Is this correct?

Thanks for all for stopping by.

Tele-TV said:
BEFORE :D you go guys, can someone help me/confirm the answers to the following questions, please. Thank-you.

1. I just searched Google w/ the words directv international dish, but I could not find the answer. My installer and the person who took my order @ D* didn't know the answer.

2. If I have the installer do a little "*custom" work (*If and I don't know if the CB will work w/ the 36" dish); the person I spoke to at D* told me I could have myself billed for the work that the contractor did, through D*. I'm trying to figure out how much money to take-out. :)

Is this correct?

#1, You can try some heavy straps.

#2, Custom work billed through D. D never pays for custom work to an installer, so That is a quick way for a guy to walk.

Thanks again grydlok. I will take out some extra money just in case. And some of it will be for a tip if he does a good job.

grydlok said:
#2, Custom work billed through D. D never pays for custom work to an installer, so That is a quick way for a guy to walk.

And that is no joke

Hey Grydlok...how ya been buddy :D

Tele-TV said:

Is this correct?

Currently, phoenix channel also at 119, a single channel along with CCTV 4 and 9 as well as Jade World programs. At 95 satellite, which is a medium power satellite that required larger size dish and difference format with DBS satellite, has two phoenix channels. Your local channels is at 101 satellite, so, they will replace your 3 lnb dish with the 30" or 36 inches oval or round dish, which can see 95 and 101 with a switch . However, you may loss CCTV 4 and 9. If your chimmey is brick, the installer likely just can take out the old dish and put the new dish on, if chimmey is wood and the orignal attachment (mount) is on the 2x4 solid wood area, no problem as well. Any work other then this, is custom work. This dish can work with CB as other dish.

^^

I rescheduled the installation for Tuesday, so I still have some time.

sksatellite:

1. Sorry for the dumb question. When I keep my 3-LNB dish, in addition to the International Dish, I will still get CCTV-9, correct?

It didn't really dawn on me until now that CCTV-9 is NOT in the ManadarinDirectII (MDII) package. I know its free for subscribers right now. Your right about their being two Phoenix Ch. in MDII. The (regular) 'Phoenix North America Satellite TV' Ch., and 'Phoenix Info News.'

Thanks for the mention of CCTV-4, but i don't get that one as I do not subscribe to the Jadeworld Entertainment package.

2. I didn't know that there was a 36" Int. Dish. Is there any advantage to this size one, over the 30" dish, better signal reliability? I really appreciate your help with this question.

I got the 30" free of charge and with NO contract.

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Tele-TV said:
^^

I rescheduled the installation for Tuesday, so I still have some time.

sksatellite:

1. Sorry for the dumb question. When I keep my 3-LNB dish, in addition to the International Dish, I will still get CCTV-9, correct?

It didn't really dawn on me until now that CCTV-9 is NOT in the ManadarinDirectII (MDII) package. I know its free for subscribers right now. Your right about their being two Phoenix Ch. in MDII. The (regular) 'Phoenix North America Satellite TV' Ch., and 'Phoenix Info News.'

Thanks for the mention of CCTV-4, but i don't get that one as I do not subscribe to the Jadeworld Entertainment package.

2. I didn't know that there was a 36" Int. Dish. Is there any advantage to this size one, over the 30" dish, better signal reliability? I really appreciate your help with this question.

I got the 30" free of charge and with NO contract.

Thanks for the reply.
The installer will bring in a switch which will work with 101 and 95, the switch has 3 input (ports), two for 101 satellite and one for 95, this, leave you no other choice.

Are you subcribe the pheonix and very basic package ($9.99) if so, we will see what we can do.

I cancelled the install because I got cold feet. And 'a' douchebag (thanks anyways). Got my sat installer coming on Tues for a sat system consulation. Thanks again. :)

P.S.

Found out, yesterday, from my dad, that the moved the channels on the 12th. Even though it was not suppose to be done until the 15th. Oh well.

I cancelled the install because I got cold feet. And 'a' douchebag (thanks anyways). Got my sat installer coming on Tues for a sat system consulation. Also, I'm still getting CCTV- 9 (sorry again for originally asking that dumb question). Thanks again. :)

P.S.

Found out, yesterday, from my dad, that the moved the channels on the 12th. Even though it was not suppose to be done until the 15th. Oh well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)