Letter from dish - MUST UPGRADE OR LOSE SERVICE

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I finally got my 942 upgraded after a long hard fought battle over the phone. After many many letters and phone calls I finally gave in to upgrade, but I wanted a 722 instead of a 622. After about an hour over the phone with the top exec office I finally gave in to the 622 thinking the installer (they required) would only have a 722. The installer called Sunday morning saying he would be here between 2&3 that afternoon so I ask him if it would be a 722 and he said no it was a 622. I told him I wouldn't except a 622, so he called dish and couldn't get it changed and said I would have to call. After about an hour on the phone with the emergency department they finally oked the 722. The reason was for not giving me the 722 was because I already had one. Well I got it to replace my 921 that I had gave 1,000.00 for and now they were replacing my 942 I gave 700.00 for, I felt I deserved the 722, after all I have been a customer for 12 years and never have been late on my near 160.00 per month bill I pay them.

It shouldn't be this hard for people. If it's any consolation, I always try to use a 722. You don't have to modify the work order.

If I could get a straight answer from the online rep about free replacement receivers for my owned 811 & 7100 I wouldn't be so aggravated.
It's very simple they want me to buy the service, they should furnish the equipment!Either yes or no.

You have an additional owned receiver it's called an "additional outlet fee" if you have a leased receiver, you have a "leased receiver fee" There is no lease fee on the first receiver.

yep, your correct. They got me coming and going. So I can upgrade to just a 211 and not have to pay em a fee, but I will have just 1 receiver on my account?

It obviously shows that they are wanting to eventually own all the satellite hardware and they will not give in during the process. They want to "recycle" the equipment to save money and keep their costs down. They are also probably going to do this to cut down on piracy.

It obviously shows that they are wanting to eventually own all the satellite hardware and they will not give in during the process. They want to "recycle" the equipment to save money and keep their costs down. They are also probably going to do this to cut down on piracy.

I just don't like the rent to not to own plan. A rep told me that I might still have to pay for repairs/ replacement if a leased piece of hardware stops working( no doubt due to anything short of an act of God) unless I buy the {protection plan}
I guess I sound so bitter, cause I remember way back when dish was new to dbs
and bucking hard to out due direc, between the two I still like em (dish)better,,I think.

I just don't like the rent to not to own plan. A rep told me that I might still have to pay for repairs/ replacement if a leased piece of hardware stops working( no doubt due to anything short of an act of God) unless I buy the {protection plan}
I guess I sound so bitter, cause I remember way back when dish was new to dbs
and bucking hard to out due direc, between the two I still like em (dish)better,,I think.

This is one of the reasons about the lease program that I do not like. I just got sent two refurbs TO LEASE from Dish Network and am wondering when they will fail. I can see myself on the phone for many hours dealing with this bull crap with the refurbs. I will NOT tolerate several replacements with REFURB JUNK that will keep going bad. I will demand a new one if one of these fails anytime soon or want out of my contract if they cannot provide the service that they promised and I am sure they would fight that tooth and nail too. I been through the junk refurbs before needing three before they gave me a new one and I sold it to avoid anymore issues with that model receiver (501/508/510) and never owned one since.

Update: I would guess that 2700, 3900 and 4900 are not going to be included in the replacement, because all three models have received new software updates this summer. It looks like those are the only 4-digit models that will survive the change to the new smart cards.

No official word.... but it seems unlikely they would spend time to update the software if they were discontinuing those models.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)