Letter from Dishnetwork

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ive never had any problems with the 129? Our HD locals come in on the 118.7 though. The 129 is mainly used for the HD programming. The 118.7 is a pain to get peaked though. The 129 Ive always had excellent signal strength.
Naah..
Here's a trick for ya.....Peak the dish to the 119 port on the LNB...Snug the nuts on the clamp...Then move your meter to the 118 port on the LNB...Grasp the dish top and bottom. GENTLY move it up and down..If the tone goes up, fine tune to that.
If there's a drop moving the dish up or down your elevation is fine. Then try grasping the dish on the sides. Same thing..If it goes up, fine tune to that...Voila!!! You've peaked your dish...Don't sweat it, you'll get the hang of it...Good luck!

Azimuth 247. 1 Elevation, 24.1 ..This would be to the right of your dish standing behind it.
Can you go up with the dish..Pole mount, higher roof mount or do you have one of those security lights on a wooden power pole in your yard?
I'd need one about 150 feet tall. :D I gave up. Switched to Cable again until Dish moves the locals back to a satellite someone in WV can pick up.

Similar story here - but not sure of the ending yet.

I am near Charlottesville, Va and just had the new 1000.2 installed a month ago. Bad pixelization started whenever cloud cover came over so I called for a repoint which they did and it worked better. But I still lose channel 29 and get a blue screen telling me "we know of the problem and will get it fixed. Do not call us". I also get frequent pixelization on Channel 27.
Apparently the 129 bird does suck......never had much of a problem before the new dish install.

I live north of Charlottesville, near Stanardsville, and got the repoint. However, I was already running on two dishes because the first installer did not believe leaves would be an issue in the non-winter months. The second guy put a second dish up to get either 110 or 119 (I cannot remember which) - locals were from 105.

Now comes the repoint from 105 to 129 for locals - might as well just broadcast them from the other side of the planet. One tech said no LOS, another came and said it could be had with a little chainsaw work. Three trees down later, a third (sub) said "no way" without dropping a really big tree. He was able to get 129 in good on a second dish, but said leaves will kill it. First thing we saw after he left was the "we know something is wrong" message.

I am not sure who to believe now - I am not sure there would be any problem when the leaves come, because I think there is a pretty big hole. So, I am going to hedge: I ordered a coupon for STB, and will get a Yagi xg91 and try to dial in HD out of Charlottesville. If that works, I will switch to the HD package (722 looks nice), and the sub said he would install a 1000.2 for me. Otherwise, I get about 2 cords more of firewood and live with 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts