Letter fron Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

doctorwizz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
nowhere
So I had service Dish installed Feb 02 that was ordered Jan 28. Never had Dish before. And today I receive this letter from Dish dated Feb 03.

"Thank you for inquiring about DISH Network equipment and programming services. We regret that we are unable to approve your application for our best equipment and/or programming offer but you did qualify for one of our other offers and hopefully your ar or will be enjoying your DISH Network Service.

Our decision was based in whole or in part on information obtained from the reporting agency identified below. You did not qualify for the best offer due to on or more of the following reasons:

Number of revolving accounts

Number of revolving trades reported in the past 12 months

Number of open accounts

Number of bank installments accounts"

That is all a bunch of BS. They used Equifax. I checked the CR. No late payments EVER. CC is paid off every month. No car payments. No loans. Just a mortgage. Only one inquiry in the past 2 years. Perfect credit. Score is in the 800s.
So I don't know what all that is about. Isn't that a letter you would get after you were denied by applying online or something?

Last edited:
Don't worry, man. I got that leter too. I called them and they assured me the letter was sent out by mistake. They told me these letters are generated when a CSR accidentally inputs an incorrect letter or digit of your address or last name during the initial credit check. Just to be safe, I took down the name and ID of the CSR I spoke to, in case this comes up again.

Please be aware there are 2 versions of credit reports. One for the consumers and one for the creditors. About 20% of populations reports have errors, they can even have someone else's info. Even if you file a complaint and prove it is wrong they will not correct it.

If you have pimetime anytime or via CBS . com watch last sundays 60 minutes.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last edited:
I got the same letter a few daysnaftermi got a new 2 Hopper install. Thought about calling and decided not to as I figured it was a screwup on their part.

A person can almost say for certainty that once a system is activated & your 1st bill has been paid upfront. There is really nothing to be concerned about.

Not worried about it really. Just pisses me off.
I do have PTAT and watching that 60 min report now.

Clearly an error. However, one can still be denied by several companies just because one has too many revolving accounts, especially if they all have NO BALANCE, and even with the highest credit score. The too many revolving accounts can kill anybody. Often, it is ABILITY TO PAY that is valued more than even a great credit score. The great credit score gets you the best interest on a loan. People can have a BANKRUPTCY, but the next day, they can get unsecured credit cards and loans because the elimination of debt means they now have ABILITY TO PAY and can't get bankruptcy protection for years, while the high credit score fellow is told, "NO!"

I have wondered about having too many credit cards, even when they have zero balances. I also have a couple with a ridiculous credit limit ($30K) which I would never use. What am I supposed to do with that? Buy a car?

I have wondered about having too many credit cards, even when they have zero balances. I also have a couple with a ridiculous credit limit ($30K) which I would never use. What am I supposed to do with that? Buy a car?

Ya know, that's funny. When I bought my wife's new Elantra a few years back I wanted to put $5,000 down on my Visa card. But, the most they would accept on a credit card was $2500....

Ya know, that's funny. When I bought my wife's new Elantra a few years back I wanted to put $5,000 down on my Visa card. But, the most they would accept on a credit card was $2500....
Yeah, I tried to do the same thing, to get my 1.5% cash back bonus. :D I think $2500 was the limit, too. It's cheaper for them to accept a check.

I thought trolling earned people a banning around here. :confused:

There are a bunch of German cars as well... ;) Of course everyone in Michigan drives American made cars...... ;)

no, plenty drive foreign
They are built in Alabama I think...is ignorance TRULY Bliss?
Still foreign companies.....some who attacked our country......but thanks to the AMERICAN auto industry we won the big one.....

No it isn't. His ignorance has him up in arms over nothing.
ignorant, maybe, not up in arms...
I thought trolling earned people a banning around here. :confused:
If you only had your way..........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts