Letter to charley

Okay, here is my question. If you are in high school (I am assuming a senior, which makes you either 17 or 18) then you wouldn't have been a customer since 1997, as it would have made you either 8 or 9 year old in 1997. Now, your family could have been customers since then, but the way your letter is written, you are insinuating that you personally have held an account with Dish for 9 years, which would be incorrect.

Slamminc11 said:
Okay, here is my question. If you are in high school (I am assuming a senior, which makes you either 17 or 18) then you wouldn't have been a customer since 1997, as it would have made you either 8 or 9 year old in 1997. Now, your family could have been customers since then, but the way your letter is written, you are insinuating that you personally have held an account with Dish for 9 years, which would be incorrect.
yes that is very true, but one they dont know im in high school (it isnt anywhere in the letter), and two it makes me sound more inportaint lol

sA :: Shaggy said:
yes that is very true, but one they dont know im in high school (it isnt anywhere in the letter), and two it makes me sound more inportaint lol

While we're helping you with your spelling, the word "powerfull" in your signature as one too many L's.

jimboeau said:
Where's Goalie Bob when you need him in situations like this. That is help with spelling, punctuation and the like! ;)

Yeah or maybe Scott can bring us an "add." I've never figured out how the abbreviation for "advertisement" manages to get one more D than the original word. :D

and finally the almost non existsance of encryption

violation of patients... violation of patents... may not sound so perverted

satsrus said:
and finally the almost non existsance of encryption

violation of patients... violation of patents... may not sound so perverted

Those have all been corrected already. Read the other posts in this thread.

Sorry i might be stupid or something but im lost when it comes to ur post.

I was replying to satsrus (which is why I quoted his post). He was giving you corrections that I had already made in reply #9 where I said, "Here is a fully corrected version."

If you do not use Chaddux's version where he originally corrected the spelling for you, then you need to make sure you correct your copy.

Now is it Chaddux', or maybe Chadduxes', or Chadduxs', what the hell, Boudreax didn't have this problem on the by you, or bayou.

SmityWhity said:
If you do not use Chaddux's version where he originally corrected the spelling for you, then you need to make sure you correct your copy.

Now is it Chaddux', or maybe Chadduxes', or Chadduxs', what the hell, Boudreax didn't have this problem on the by you, or bayou.

If you are referring to something that is mine, it would be "Chaddux's something." If you are referring to multiple versions of me, then it would be "Chadduxes." Of course, there's only one Chaddux. ;)

I think that would make it a huge sentence.

Shorter sentences are usually easier to convey a thought(s).

For example:

"I am worried about the direction Dish Network is headed. The TiVo lawsuit and loss of distant locals are two recent examples. The MPEG4 delays and the limited encryption on your broadcast have been unresolved issues affect(ing)... (briefly how does that affect you or it's customers?)

Just some thoughts...

This might have been covered earlier, I just returned from a fire call to finish this up.

:)

Firefighter Dan said:
I think that would make it a huge sentence.

Shorter sentences are usually easier to convey a thought(s).

For example:

"I am worried about the direction Dish Network is headed. The TiVo lawsuit and loss of distant locals are two recent examples. The MPEG4 delays and the limited encryption on your broadcast have been unresolved issues affect(ing)... (briefly how does that affect you or it's customers?)

Just some thoughts...

This might have been covered earlier, I just returned from a fire call to finish this up.

:)
I cant thank u guys enough for helping me, we turn in the rough draft tomarrow... so i will see wat my teacher thinks and then report back to u. (if i can, i have a chiropractic appointment tomarrow... but i will try to let u know) I'm still encouraging everyone to write.

sA :: Shaggy, I say this out of great care for your time and efforts. The letter in its current form will not get you a worty reply. Ergan, and his lawyers, are not going to respond to questions or concerns that could reveal legal strategies or business plans that, for the interest of the company, must remain confidential until the day of the press release. You will have spent a good deal of time only to get a form letter reading "Thanks for your letter and words of support and concern, but . . . at this time we cannot disclose . . ."

If you really want a reply with substance, one that reads less like a form letter and more like some orginal thought in reponse to your innovative young mind and your unique view as a high school student, try eliciting comments on things he can answer, issues about which he can offer opinions, experiences he can share with you. To get a personal response, you need to ask more personal questions that relate to running a sucessful business. For example:

Q: Considering all the current problems, what can you say to someone who feels like Dish is declining and may want to subscribe to your competitors?

Q: In times like these with court loss after court loss and what seems to be a dissapponting quarter, as the founder and CEO of Echostar, what personal experience has given you what it taks to get though these corprate troubles?

Q: Your current challenges seem, to the view of customers and the general public, to cloud the future of Dish Network. What is your vision of Dish Network in the near future, and, especially your future as CEO? Is selling Dish Network (Echostar) out of the question at this point?

Those are just suggestions, a general idea and directions. You have your own style and intelligence to make it your own. If you do get a response, please consider sharing it with us, if you feel it is ethical to do so. The best of luck to you.

So you want Charlie and Dish to be forthright and upfront with you, but you are not willing to give them the same courtesy? If I were teaching your class and read the letter they way it is written, I would have marked you down.

sA :: shaggy - I suggest you work-in the company's name somewhere. "I have been an EchoStar customer since 1997...", etc.

Good luck with it...

These are all great comments. The first thing that hit me was the focus on Nagravision. All of the other points addressed issues that affected you, the customer. The encryption issue only affects you if you are a pirate, or if you are a stockholder and are concerned with lost revenue.

I would either remove that point, or at least isolate it in a different paragraph. If you leave it in, try to relate how it affects you personally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)