LG Announces SUPER UHD TV Lineup with HDR Plus Support, Debut Set for CES 2016

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
SEOUL, Jan. 3, 2016 — LG Electronics’ newest and most innovative TV products will take center stage at the 2016 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas next month. Leading the company’s IPS TV offerings will be the 65-inch UH9500 and 86-inch UH9550 and SUPER UHD TV 65-inch UH8500 and 75-inch UH8550. The premium SUPER UHD TV models offer higher color reproduction rate, advanced picture and sound-enhancing features including HDR (high dynamic range) and LG’s alluring ULTRA Slim design.

http://www.lgnewsroom.com/2016/01/new-lg-super-uhd-tv-lineup-sure-to-impress-2016-ces-attendees/

S~

LG's 2016 TVs include its first production 8K set

http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/02/lg-8k-tv/

Forget all the hype about 4K at CES last year -- this year's trend is 8K. LG has revealed some of the first details about its 2016 TV lineup, and the highlight is its first production-grade 8K model, the UH9800. The Korean tech giant isn't saying much about what this 98-inch monster will offer or when it ships, but it's safe to say that this won't be an impulse purchase when Sharp's 8K screen costs about $130,000.

Don't worry if you're unwilling to take out a mortgage just to upgrade, as there are plenty of upgraded 4K TVs in the mix. The UH8500 (55 to 75 inches) and UH9500 (55 to 86 inches) series both tout Color Prime Plus, which mixes both filters and LCD phosphors to reach about 90 percent of the Digital Cinema Initiative's expanded color range. Both these and the lower-end UH7700 (49 to 65 inches) also pack greater High Dynamic Range support, a "True Black" panel that cuts glare and improves contrast and a Contrast Maximizer option that... well, does what it says. The UH9500 is your pick if you're design-conscious, since it has an extremely slim (0.22-inch) body that manages to cram in a relatively powerful Harman/Kardon audio system.

All of LG's newer sets should pack the easier-to-use webOS 3.0 for their interface. It's not yet known how much you'll pay for the 4K models, but it won't be surprising if there's at least one within your budget given rapidly falling prices. The real question is what Samsung, Sony and others have to offer. LG gets points for announcing early, but you may well see strong alternatives (even among 8K sets) before long.

Told y'all. 8k will be on the market in not too long and it will make 4k pail in comparison. That is why I'm sticking with hd for now and I am waiting to upgrade again in 4 years. By then 8k will be the norm. But I am betting that there still won't be any over the air tv stations broadcasting in either 4k or 8k by then. The tv will do all the upconverting.

Reactions: bobvick
I doubt the difference between "4K" and "8K" will be noticeable on any "normal sized" family TV.

They need 8k of the screen is large enough but on the smaller screens they need something else such as the HDR.

You'll always be waiting. I don't see 8K as the norm for the consumer industry, especially within 4 years. Production yes. I do see 4K OTA in the near future.

I'll believe 4k ota when and IF I ever see it. There simply isn't enough difference to the average human eye between Hd and 4k unless you sit right up on the tv screen or you have a huge tv. I just can't see tv stations investing in 4k when 8k is on the horizon . I think hd is about all we will get for some time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts