Liberty files with FCC for take over of SiriusXM

I just hope Disney nor Comcast get control of Starz imagine the price of the Disney Channels and Comcast if they get control of Starz :)

So if DirecTV is under Liberty's umbrella, why does DirecTV pay SonicTap for the music channels? Maybe those rumors of a January return have some merit. The timing is right.

whitewolf8214 said:
I just hope Disney nor Comcast get control of Starz imagine the price of the Disney Channels and Comcast if they get control of Starz :)

Since Starz is in its own premium tier, it shouldn't really impact pricing negotiations for normal channels.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

All I have to say about Starz, since we're in the SiriusXM forum, is look at what Viacom did to Directv. And that was over Viacom wanting to force Epix on Directv. I can see either Disney or Comcast using Starz to hold providers hostage.

The Fat Man said:
All I have to say about Starz, since we're in the SiriusXM forum, is look at what Viacom did to Directv. And that was over Viacom wanting to force Epix on Directv. I can see either Disney or Comcast using Starz to hold providers hostage.

The two aren't comparable situations. The Starz channels are already pretty standard across the industry and in their own separately priced tier. Epix is not widely distributed and isn't an established premium multiplex. It's doubtful Viacom wants a separate Epix a la cart option without inclusion in some other bundled package.

dangue said:
The two aren't comparable situations. The Starz channels are already pretty standard across the industry and in their own separately priced tier. Epix is not widely distributed and isn't an established premium multiplex. It's doubtful Viacom wants a separate Epix a la cart option without inclusion in some other bundled package.

I can see it being used as leverage or pulling other channels to force something to do with Starz.

So if DirecTV is under Liberty's umbrella, why does DirecTV pay SonicTap for the music channels? Maybe those rumors of a January return have some merit. The timing is right.

I dont believe it is under that umbrella anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)