Liberty Media bids for full ownership of Sirius - Ditched

I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing. One thing I know, I've been out for a while and don't expect to return... Too many other resources out there.

I own stock in Sirius and before the bell on Friday sold half of it. (It's been so up and down and I had some gains) Then watched after the news broke that the stock price rose in after-market.......:rolleyes: If it does happen maybe I'll stick around with the Liberty Media stock for a while..... I'd like to be part owner of a baseball team :D. I wonder what full ownership would do for Sirus/XM themselves, what changes would they make to the service. I only have internet right now. I'd like to get a radio and have it for the house.

SiriusXM Investors Brace for Liberty Media Battle http://www.thestreet.com/story/1221...erty-media-battle.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO This part I found interesting Liberty Media (LMCA_) may be using its proposed acquisition of SiriusXM Holdings (SIRI_) for a range of purposes such as helping to dramatically cut the company's tax rate or fund a buyout of Time Warner Cable (TWC_) through a joint bid with Charter Communication's (CHTR_). One thing is clear, SiriusXM shareholders expect a higher payout than the stock transaction offered up by John Malone-chaired Liberty Media on Friday evening.

Last edited:
Liberty Ditches Plans to Acquire SiriusXM Radio

Liberty Media Corp. said Thursday it will reclassify its common stock into two new tracking stocks and, due to the change in structure, it has abandoned its effort to acquire SiriusXM Radio, a company in which it already owns 53 percent.
Previously, Liberty had intended on wholly absorbing SiriusXM for $3.68 per share and some shareholders of the satellite radio firm deemed the offer too low. On Thursday, shares of SiriusXM fell 1 percent to $3.37.

hollywoodreporter.com

Everything except mREITS fell on Thursday, but $3.68 is indeed way too low an offer. It needs to be at minimum of $4 before any interest by share holders. $4.60 would be much better incentive. The stock hit $4 as recently as October. I just looked it up and The Street values the company at $4.68.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)