Lied to by CSR's on 722 Cost

Hmmm... I guess I must be on E*'s "nice list." Under the Equipment Information portion of my web account info it says that I can DIU to a 722 for $49.00 (after $100 rebate). I'd otherwise question this price but, the link leads directly to a description of both the 722 and 622.

Not a bad deal if I were wanting the 722. But, since I have no interest in HD VOD and am already planning on adding an external HDD to my 622, I think it'll be awhile before I bite on the 722. Besides, all of my equipment is silver :D

Now, if the new BC chip used in the 722 does something fancier than move from HomePlug 1.0 to 1.1, then I might be interested...

I argued that the DIU site said 149 for HD DVR (49.99 after rebate). They told me that it was 199 for 722 and 149 for 622, even though it doesn't specify model on the DIU page.

This was non-negotiable either. I tried arguing the point that 722 was 'replacing 622' and that it says HD-DVR without model # on the DIU page.

I argued that the DIU site said 149 for HD DVR (49.99 after rebate). They told me that it was 199 for 722 and 149 for 622, even though it doesn't specify model on the DIU page.

This was non-negotiable either. I tried arguing the point that 722 was 'replacing 622' and that it says HD-DVR without model # on the DIU page.

Same thing happened to me. The phone csr wouldn't budge. The DIU page clearly says $149 for an "HD-DVR" and doesn't limit it to any specific model number.

I caved in and paid the $199 just to get things rolling along, but I wrote dish an angry email claiming false advertising and asking for a $50 credit. That was two days ago and I haven't heard back. :mad:

I just paid it... 99 bucks for what I want (they would've given me a 622 for the 49 AR) is not a bad deal overall... I did the math out and with DVR Advantage and I'm going to be paying 15$ more a month after all is said and done.. I can't complain.. :)

I just paid it... 99 bucks for what I want (they would've given me a 622 for the 49 AR) is not a bad deal overall... I did the math out and with DVR Advantage and I'm going to be paying 15$ more a month after all is said and done.. I can't complain.. :)
It seems like poor form (bordering on being ethically questionable) for E* to advertise one price and demand another...

Looking at it in a different way, I might be tempted to DIU my 211 to the 722 for $99, effectively increasing my storage capacity across two receivers (I also have a 622)... For $49, I'd probably move on it, and if the 722 and 622 could share programing via CAT5 I'd be all over it at either price point.

As it stands, I still think I'll be waiting it out a bit as my last DIU contract has expired and I like the feeling of being free from any 18 month commitment.

I just got off the phone & upgraded my 942 to a 722 for $99, essentially free after $10/10 month rebate offer (I think...)

Also free install of a Dish 1000

Now, install is set for next FRI 8/31 - we'll see what they send me. Think I'll call tmw morning to talk to someone I can understand, and see if I'm really getting what I asked for...

SO i called back today to confirm my equipment upgrade, and lo & behold they had me scheduled for a 222! I ahd to shell out another $100 for the 722 ($199 total, -$10/mo credit for 10)

These CSRs really are getting bad. I'm also trying to figure out how I'm having almost the same equipment (501 / 508 / 722 instead of 942), upgrading the programming package from $9.99 HD to $20 HD, yet my bill is going to be $15 more instead of just $10

What is this "HD enabling fee" of $6 that they want to charge me now? I alreadyt have HD and am not paying that - is this yet another "new fee" for a new receiver?

HD Enabling fee is if you do not have the HD Package and have HD Hardware such as a 211/411/622/722. They basically charge you 6 a month for having better hardware.

If you have HD you should definitely not get charged it. They charged me it and then refunded it on my slip, because it'll be some time before the hardware gets here and I won't change my plan around until it does. :)

just paid $229 for the 722 with $100 MIR and $20 HD discount for 6 months.
Also went paperless billing with DVR Advantage and save $4/month.

The 622 was quoted at $179

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)