This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Lifetime Ultra troubleshooting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hantu

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 2, 2005
Rochester, NY
Hi all,

I just put my dish on the roof, reconnected all of my cables, turned my Lifetime Ultra back on, and now I only see the four LEDs light up, one at a time, across the screen. It never actually gets to the "on" state. Has the receiver fried itself? The only thing I did was unplug it from the wall and move it to a different TV in a different room so that I could see the signal meter better on the other TV.

Is there some type of "Master Reset" sequence I can use to bring it back to life, or has it died completely? It's only a week old (in my house). Any words of wisdom would be welcome.

HELP!!!!!!

Whew!!! False alarm.

The F connector to the motor from the LNBF was loose. I guess I should have checked the connections myself. Once I tightened those babies down, signal was coming in like crazy.

Cheers!

unoffical firmware can also do this so ONLY use offical firmware.

Ken,

Unless there is a REALLY good reason to do it, I doubt that I will ever update my firmware on this box. Once I removed the RG-6 and turned the receiver on without it, I fgured out that the LNBF was the culprit. Sure enough, loose connector. No harm done (thankfully). I would hate to have to send my receiver back or get a new LNBF from doing something foolish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.