Status
Please reply by conversation.

hantu

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 2, 2005
Rochester, NY
Hi all,

I just put my dish on the roof, reconnected all of my cables, turned my Lifetime Ultra back on, and now I only see the four LEDs light up, one at a time, across the screen. It never actually gets to the "on" state. Has the receiver fried itself? The only thing I did was unplug it from the wall and move it to a different TV in a different room so that I could see the signal meter better on the other TV.

Is there some type of "Master Reset" sequence I can use to bring it back to life, or has it died completely? It's only a week old (in my house). Any words of wisdom would be welcome.

HELP!!!!!!

Whew!!! False alarm.

The F connector to the motor from the LNBF was loose. I guess I should have checked the connections myself. Once I tightened those babies down, signal was coming in like crazy.

Cheers!

unoffical firmware can also do this so ONLY use offical firmware.

hantu said:
Hi all,

I just put my dish on the roof, reconnected all of my cables, turned my Lifetime Ultra back on, and now I only see the four LEDs light up, one at a time, across the screen. It never actually gets to the "on" state. Has the receiver fried itself? The only thing I did was unplug it from the wall and move it to a different TV in a different room so that I could see the signal meter better on the other TV.

Is there some type of "Master Reset" sequence I can use to bring it back to life, or has it died completely? It's only a week old (in my house). Any words of wisdom would be welcome.

HELP!!!!!!

Ken,

Unless there is a REALLY good reason to do it, I doubt that I will ever update my firmware on this box. Once I removed the RG-6 and turned the receiver on without it, I fgured out that the LNBF was the culprit. Sure enough, loose connector. No harm done (thankfully). I would hate to have to send my receiver back or get a new LNBF from doing something foolish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts