"Like New" promo & setup FYI

retiredTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
Missouri
For those who didn't see this before, E* has a "Like New" promotion for current customers.

This is a great deal for current customers who don't have a DVR and don't need a 2 tuner DVR or HD.
You can get a DVR 510 for $29 shipping (which if you're a "good" long time customer they "can" waive the shipping so that it is free ...*ask*)
So you can call the 888 number on the front of your statement and ask for the "Like New" promotion. Also make sure you get "DVR Advantage" so that your monthly bill won't increase either. So you can get a DVR510 free (if you install yourself) AND no increase in your monthly bill. They may want your old receiver depending on how old it is.
If you don't want to connect it yourself, I think it's $59 for an install.

Now for what I discovered while installing.
After you connect the DRV510 and the signal screen comes up and you have signal from 119. DO NOT do the "switch test first", as the software may not correctly work for the "switch test".
After connecting, and you have signal, cancel and allow the new software to download.
(screen says something like "do not move or distrub while memory is upgraded")
AFTER that is finished and either a picture comes on or it is trying download guide info.
THEN go to menu installion/point dish and DO your "switch test".
Because without the new software, the 510 may not find 110 or other switch configs straight "out of the box".
I found out the "hard way" that the "switch test" wasn't "smart enough" before doing the "software memory download" FIRST.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)