Please reply by conversation.

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
D* newbie here, after 11 years with E*.

I set my new HR21-200 to record all episodes of a series. It is only storing a maximum of 5 episodes. Upon recording the 6th episode it deletes the first. I've never encountered anything like this on an E* DVR.

Is there anyway to override this setting?

Nevermind, I found the option within the Search menu. Default was set to five episodes.

Good catch, sorry you caught it to late.
If you go back into your recordings you can do your edits from there as far as padding and how many episodes and such, I do this on each as I set them up.
I pad the Sports events, and let the normal programming go, other than setting for it to not delete till I tell it to.

Jimbo

I didn't catch it the first time, because I used the handy "one-button" method of setting up the recordings. I pushed "Rec" twice to record all episodes. Then they started disappearing. I had no idea there was 5-episode default.

So just after starting this topic, I went into the menu to test recording some other series & found the setting for number of episodes.

All part of my learning process of migrating from a Dish 622 to a HR21, which has been a difficult journey. The 622 was a joy to use.

There are default recording settings that you can set up so that your preferences will apply to all of your series links from that point forward. Therefore hitting the R button twice will record a series with the defaults you set up.

I didn't catch it the first time, because I used the handy "one-button" method of setting up the recordings. I pushed "Rec" twice to record all episodes. Then they started disappearing. I had no idea there was 5-episode default.

So just after starting this topic, I went into the menu to test recording some other series & found the setting for number of episodes.

All part of my learning process of migrating from a Dish 622 to a HR21, which has been a difficult journey. The 622 was a joy to use.

I called Directv as it was not clear that you can set it up to record only new episodes. The DVR seems to do the same as dish just takes some getting used to. We switched as well since dish dropped Voom HD.

I called Directv as it was not clear that you can set it up to record only new episodes. The DVR seems to do the same as dish just takes some getting used to. We switched as well since dish dropped Voom HD.

A lot of this recording stuff comes down to whether or not the correct info is provided from the networks as far as if it sees it being a "Repeat or a First run.
If the network provides the correct tags it will see the data and record accordingly.

This is in the PSIP info from the networks.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/82206-post1.html

Jimbo

We switched as well since dish dropped Voom HD.

Welcome brother!

The HR21's logic is sure a lot different than the 622/722's logic. I found the 622/722 to be very intuitive - very short learning curve. The HR21 is a different beast entirely. I'm thinking it must be female because I've having a very difficult time getting to understand it.

Don't be so difficult on yourself :)
At one time your 622 was new to you as well.
Give it time, you'll get the hang of it, ask questions when you have them, plenty of people here to help you if you need it ...

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)