Limited Time Sneak Preview of Eurochannel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Any chance of Eurochannel ever being available on anything other than 118.7 sat? I thought I heard somewhere that it might eventually be available on the 61.5 sat.

Eurochannel is mostly movies and documentaries, but all in English subtitles. At least 60% is French content, as Eurochannel is a French venture.

TV5 France has many movies, almost of all which have English subtitles. However, the vast majority of the many TV Shows such as sitcoms, educational, celebrity interview, political interview and news magazine shows, and political debate and any time the French President addresses the people of France, and performance specials, music programs and interviews, and some French Canadian programming as well, and live sports including Tour de France and key football games, and all newscasts (many throughout the day) and cultural programming are in French only. They used to have the daily international version of the newscast Journal 2 (the French owned TV channel 2 service) subtitled in English, and it was among the best newscasts ANYWHERE, excellent domestic and international coverage, but TV5 finally stopped subtitling it. Too bad.

Overall, TV5 is better and has more frequent fresh programming, not just fresh news, but more fresh episodes of many French TV shows shown domestically. Would love to see that in HD and their SD feed (sometimes letterboxed) was right up there with TV Japan as some of the best technical standards. I loved it when I had it and really loved their New Year's Eve cabaret party, however a lot of the programming (except for movies) are NOT subtitled. They did subtitle the last French Presidential Debates, and it was a blast watching it the two candidates go at each other; it was funny, as all politics is, as well.

Eurovision is good, but mostly a lot of repeats. Still the quality of the movies and documentaries and all the programming, really is good content. I had to cancell my French Bouquet to offset the huge hike in Dish Fees.

How come both channels are airing the same stuff when the tv listing shows the other station is airing completely different shows?

Program info on 737 is in polish and on 752 program info/name is in english, same exact program names / descriptions just translated / different language.

To all who have answered, thanks.

Eurochannel is 100% European movies, series, music specials, and more. Everything airs in its original audio with English subtitles. Kino Europa is our Polish channel which airs the same programs with Polish subtitles.

We hope you are enjoying the sneak preview of Eurochannel and that you catch the series premiere of the new drama series from Poland, Prime Minister, this Sunday at 9PM ET/PT.[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica](Prime Minister)[/FONT][/FONT]

Eurochannel is available on DISH Network channel 752 and Kino Europa on 737.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)