line amplifier?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jasond

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Hi,

I've got DirecTV, and up until yesterday, when I hooked up a 3rd receiver upstairs, I've been happy with the quality of the picture. Since I installed the new receiver, it seems like the picture quality has decreased on all three, and the guide takes longer to load.

Here is my setup... Dual LNB dish to a generic 3x4 multiswitch (not using an antenna or cable) to 3 receivers (1 DirecTivo using 2 drops and 2 Hughes "Director Pack" receivers)... The newest receiver I added was one of the regular receivers, not the DirectTivo.

Now, the newest receiver is definitely farther away from the multiswitch than the other two receivers, and I'm wondering if just adding a line amp to that receiver would help?

I'm guessing someone might suggest I get a better multiswitch? Powered? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

-Jason

Picture quality and the speed of loding the guide has nothing to do with the length of the cable. It has to do with the processor speed of the receiver.

If you had problems with the cable or the connections, it will show up as a loss of transponders and corresponding channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)