Line of sight for Indian channel in Dish

madhabi77

Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
Kent, Ohio
Hi All,

I am very new in this forum. I am moving to a new apartment where I want to take the all Indian channel which is called 'Hindi mega pack' from dish network. But I am not sure in which direction of the sky in my balcony should be open to get the signal for Indian channel . I have a choise between two apartments. One has south west sky open, and the other has south east sky open. I live in streetsboro, Ohio. My zipcode is 44241. I talked with the dish guy but they make me very confused . Someone said I need the south west sky, other says I need the south east sky. In my balcony I can not get the full southern sky, I can only get south east side or south west side. Can anybody please help me in this matter. I need to know:

1> In my zipcode 44241, which dish I need to get all Indian channel?

2> From which satelite I will get the signals?

3> To get the signal for Indian channel, which direction of the sky should be open in my balcony?

4> what are the azimuth, elevation angle mean? how much they are in my place to get the channel?

5> Is it possible to have a survey guy who can come and check the signal with a low fee ( if it's free, that would be great for me! )? whom should I contact with for that?

Please please help me in this matter, because I am trying to get the channels for long time. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for your reply. So to get Indian channel in my zipcode 44241, I need the 118.7 W sat? and I need the south west side of my balcony to be open?

Is the azimuth angle decides which direction of the sky from my balcony should be open?

Thanks..

Yes, you need azimuth 236 (SW) with an elevation of 29 degrees to 'see' 118.7

This will also require a Dish 500 Plus along with an apartment install... could be tough.

Thanks guys... I could not understand why that will be tough for dish 500 + to install in an apartment??

My apartment has given me permission to put a dish in my balcony, but it should be inside the balcony and should be kept in a bucket.

What is a bucket?

Can anybody please tell me will there be a problem to get signals from south west if I put the dish 500+ in a bucket in my balcony?

Thanks....

the only problem you could have even if they said yes is that its a pretty big dish its a 30 inch dish plus it has a big arm to hold the lnb and requires struts . . so in that case it would not be able to be put on a pole in a bucket it would not be strong enough to hold that big dish

the only problem you could have even if they said yes is that its a pretty big dish its a 30 inch dish plus it has a big arm to hold the lnb and requires struts . . so in that case it would not be able to be put on a pole in a bucket it would not be strong enough to hold that big dish

So if I use a tripod, will it solve the problem?

Will it hold the 30" dish in my balcony?

well if you necessarily cannot mount to the deck then yes that would be more sturdy then a bucket but still not the best . . . . the best would be mount to the actual deck

So if I use a tripod, will it solve the problem?

Will it hold the 30" dish in my balcony?

More than likely someone from my outfit (Digital Dish) will do the install. Since you do live in an apartment with some amount of restrictions, please make sure to have the workorder notated for the technician to bring a tripod. Assuming it is our office (like I stated...pretty certain it will be) that will be responsible for the install, they *DO* offer tripods for free.

Disneys xd in HD

VIP612 issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)