Line of Sight Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmodawg44

Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
I tried ordering DishNetwork a couple of weeks ago (before finding this forum) The installer came out and could not find a line of sight anywhere in my yard or on my house, because of a number of large trees. They sent two other guys out to try, but neither were successful. The last guy said that he thought Directv would work. After reading up on Directv, it sounds like the better service anyway, and I'd like to give it a shot. A couple of questions:

1. If Dish wouldnt work, do I have a shot with Direct?
2. What it they install the dish, and then the trees fill out in the spring, cutting off the line of sight? Am I stuck in the contract, even if I can no longer get a signal?

Thanks.

Elevation is much higher with DIRECTV's 18" round dish vs. Dish Networks, which is all you need, unless you want International or HD programming.

-Robert

I do not want HD or international... I am guessing you mean that the satellite is much higher, meaning the trees will not get in the way...

What about the contract question??

The answer to question #2 is yes,you will have to fulfill your 1 year contract.If you can wait a couple of weeks I will ride down and take a look for you.I am in Greenville SC but will be in Charleston untill the 8th.

Also if it does work out for you Robert(Value Electronics) is the one I would deal with.Great peole to work/deal with.

if you see the trees being a problem in the spring you might consider the protection plan it is an added expense but add it end of feb as you need to wait 30 days before you can actually use protection plan (i seem to remember reading this) , directv will send out installer to fix your problem, no charge. if the trees do not become an issue and you feel that you dont need protection plan you can cancel at any time

stevesmall said:
if you see the trees being a problem in the spring you might consider the protection plan it is an added expense but add it end of feb as you need to wait 30 days before you can actually use protection plan (i seem to remember reading this) , directv will send out installer to fix your problem, no charge. if the trees do not become an issue and you feel that you dont need protection plan you can cancel at any time

Very good idea.

-Robert

Here are some line of sights for various DirecTV and Dish sats from Atlanta GA
101 sat - Azimuth of 210 and Elevation of 47.
119 sat - Azimuth of 233 and Elevation of 36.
110 sat - Azimuth is 223 and Elevation is 42.
61.5 sat - Azimuth is 145 and Elevation is 44.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts